Shop online for stolen guns

There is a new website that allows you to view the firearms registry. Although it only allows you to view the first 2 digits of an owners postal code and does not list their names, some groups think there is still too much information there for criminals. Could this be a window for hackers to pry open?

Some are urging you to contact your MP or the RCMP to voice your concern.

Check it out and tell us what you think.

Fire arms search engine

:Gonefishing: Dan

After seeing that I still cannot understand the logic for it. What is to be gained by this site? Thanks Dan for once again informing the general public of what our governments are doing !

John

IT is a small political tool that allows politicians, lobby groups, etc.., to sum up the size of a pro gun or pro hunting lobby/vote. L0 is Lincoln, L3 is Grimsby, etc...

The game and the stakes being played for are huge, and people have no clue as to how special interest groups get their data. The govt hands it to them.

:Gonefishing: If you guys remember me making a post telling you this months ago it would not be such a shock. So I guess just seeing the web site makes you all aware of just what this great country we all live in is all about.The other question now is or should I say Statement would be don't worry they know how much you spend,how much you make,and what time you eat dinner, So here is what I have said about this before and what each and every one of you will say to this I AM CANADIAN OH WELL ( P/S DON'T TELL ANYONE IT'S A SECRET)

Not a bad choice, . The lobbyists have been using this tool for years. Mosy people just don't know how govt likes to conduct business. Pretty shoddy, isn't it. The point I would like to make is that the sportsmens clubs should make better use of this data. I think the OFAH already does, but not sure.

Dan checked out the website you referred to. Don't understand why they need to make that type of info public. I had read about this website in the Ontario Out of Doors Magazine but didn't check it out then but did when I read your post. Still baffled why they need to publicize the make and models of firearms in a certain area??????? Info is pretty plain jane but still enough for some people to use for the wrong reasons. Remember this type of info in October when we go back to the polls people it is the only way that we can get our point out that we have had enough.

The reason I posted it Steve is to make you gun owners aware of the threat so you can

SPEAK UP!

This may be a first step if you sit by idley like we all ahve been for too long. this is real dangerous in smaller centers. Do we really want to leave our Brothers in smaller centers sittin like ducks?

Why do they need to do this?

Call and ask.

Rob I believe it is

I'm a Nigarian, here me Snore :dunno:

Dan

GET INVOLVED. Badger your MP, MPP. Get involved. Join your own lobby group, whether its the OFAH or a local sportsmens association. Right now hunters seem to be the target. Sooner or later it will be anglers as well. Judging by the behaviour of some bystanders at the docks,I've been branded a butcher for obeying the law and killing GOBIES. AN emotional response without facts, but that is what PETA is about; emotional response. We can't ignore the problems because they just won't go away.

Archived