Niagara conditon

snoryder

Guest canadadude

Check tomorrow I'm fishing Port Dalhousie in the morning and I'll post conditions aswell as if I hook-up :Gonefishing: there are some nice fresh run chrome around I got a few Monday and Tuesday :blink:

Thanks, looking fwd to hooking up with somesteel from Niagara, been floatfishing for steel for over 20 yrs so I've got some experience but never bothered fishing the Niagara. Fished all the regular rivers in sourthern Ontario, just never considered it. Now that I've fished it,(last weekend) I want to hook into one. Not on a float but bottom bouncing.

So if you can hook a brotha up with some pointers, I'd appreciate it.

Tx

Lots of ice coming down in the upper :Gonefishing:

Look at all the ice still on Erie ......todays shot is good & clear ! The upper is very clear and you can see some ice at the falls (arrow #1) ....and there always seems to be muddy water comming from the American reservoir which has some effect on the lower .....(arrow #2) . I think the tainted water is better for fishing ...the fish seem to be more wary of your baits in the clear water..... Still lots of ice to go over the falls in the comming days......

Erie%20Ice.JPG

Fished Dal for my first time on Sat for a couple of hrs. Totally different style of fishing that I'm used to. No finesse fishing here. Hooked into a couple of fish and landed a small brown. With so much current your not really battling the fish, its multifiplied by the current. Anyways I'll try it again, hopefully I'll get lucky at Niagara too.

Archived