Queenston

durkin09

A lot of pike action on the site lately so I'll take my opportunity to re-establish the trout! Headed to the whirlpool and just got wet, no fish. So I headed to Queenston and got this hen on the first drift! A few guys on shore and one boat, the only people brave enough to get soaked. Stopped raining around 1030 and turned out to be a nice day. Thanks to the Niagara Parks guys for taking my picture. Would have loved to stay but class this afternoon is supposedly more important :D . Got soaked right through but definately worth it, good fishing.

DSC00314.jpg

Nice going Durkin09 ......handsome hen you have there ! Maybe I would have fished today if I was young and crazy......but that wind and cold chill kept me house bound (wimpo) !.....but I did play with my tackle for a few hrs.....The water vis looks ok in the picture , thought it might be brown after the rains today.

:lol:

Seriously though, the Niagara River is more affected bySE wind on Erie than the rain....now Port Dalhousie Harbour is the opposite, wind is fine, rain is not.

That's exactly it, the river vis was fine 3-4' and green. How was port D lookin today, anyone stop by to take a look?

I may swing by port in the morning, but ultimately I think queenston will be my end spot.

i'll post a report when i return :Gonefishing:

Archived