Great news for Port Dalhousie

:lol: This is great news for all that thought it would not happen. The first load (25thousand) Browns were put in yesterday, with the help of the St.Catharines Game & Fish. 15 thou were also put in Jordan. The stocking will continue with Rainbows and Salmon later on. This will also be good for kids day as the browns will stick around.Also with the cold temps comming back it will put the big browns and rainbows in the harbour for the kids day. So keep this in mind when you bring the kids down to fish. Thank-You to the St Catharines Game & Fish and the working MNR.

That is great news Rob . .......and this "inclement " weather will help keep anglers and gulls away until they establish themselves to their new surroundings . Is the water stained much from the rains ?

Kudos to the SCGFA and all who were involved with the stocking program ! :lol:

That is pretty great news Rob,the MNR made a couple changes lately, and are allowing stocking activities to continue in the VHS "infected areas" although they do have a way of disinfecting the eggs of salmanoids during the cold water hardening process. I have first hand documentation of a couple of the changes for a few days now, and heard it as well from a couple MNR reps that I will be working with up in Dunnville on the walleye stocking/relocation efforst that are going to start there next week :lol:

Rob I talked to Bruce Miller who said the Browns were a good size and not one of them stuck around to visit the gulls. Apparently they headed straight down :)

Good stuff. If there's a spring derby next year, there should be a few more browns around.

:):lol: MORE FISH ON THE WAY. Water temps are being taken and looks like this week may be the time for the stocking, they will be put in after 6:00pm If you want to see this keep an eye here and I will try to pin point the exact day and time. Look's like rainbows and salmon. Rob

Archived