Niagara Today

durkin09

Got to the Niagara this morning to find we were the first boat there. Had some trouble on the boat launch even with the 4 wheel drive. Almost put the trailor into the dock. :rolleyes: Got out eventually and started fishin. Had 2 fish in the first drift and lost another 2 so we knew it was going to be a good day. Ended up landing 4 bows, one had a viscious open wound on its side as you can see in the picture. Had no trouble swimming away though. But the best part of the day was getting into a walleye honey hole. Everytime we would drift over this one area we would get an eye. Landed 6 with 1 pushing 8lbs! We measured it at 23" by 15". One fat walleye. Out of season so they all swam away but still snuck in a few pics. Overall it was an awesome day and we only fished till 11:30 so we could get home for Easter Dinner.

And, none of these are of the same fish!

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

Good Fishing!

looks like you guys had a stellar day on the water, specially for only a hunk of the morning..way to go thanks for the pics, one day we will have to meet up for a good day on the water, get my boat out too and round up a couple guys for a fun day out.

looks like you guys picked a good time, soon the river will be jammed with ice for a bit

Wowie ! Nice going Durkin & Co. X 8 !! I'm surprised to see the nice walleyes ! It's not the best of weather conditions , but the fishing seems better when you have to freeze your buns off ! You guys must have had a good time out there on the River ! Congrats ! :rolleyes:

thanks a lot guys, it was an awesome day. Even though most of the time driving back to the start of the drift was spent melting the ice from my rod tip, it was definately worth it. Braved some pretty extreme conditions but it paid off.

Archived