PORT DALHOUSIE CLEAN-UP

HI ALL- This may be short notice but I have been watching the weather and this Sat looks like we may get a bit of sun so YOUR HELP IS NEEDED to help clean up the shores that we all fish,there is alot of old line,hooks,cups,bags and every thing else you can think of. If we get 10 or 15 guy's this little task would take 1 or 2 hours if we split up and do both sides at the same time. We need to get this done before kids day so the kids don't get tangeled up in the old line and they see that it is clean so they pick up after them selves and it shows that every little bit helps. So please just show up with rake in hand around 9:00 in the morning and we will take care of this in no time at all. Rob McIntosh

A few days ago I took a tour of Port, checking out the garbage situation . It wasn't too bad but the fishing line is a little tricky to spot & pick up . There was a LOT of goose droppings on the west side ....on the cement and grass . Some of this stuff was like black molasses on the cement ! I did a clean up last year with broom , rake & shovel . We just had a good rain ......maybe washed most of it away , and I'll be armed again Sat . to do the "dirty work" B)

Rob......there's a big floating mattress hovering over the 4 falls . If we get a sudden rise in water levels from above , this thing can end up in the harbour .....not so good for boaters......It will weigh a ton with all the sponge inside .......Can we get the city to remove it ?

I even got a shot of it :)

4%20falls%20mattress.jpg

Maybe if someone sees anybody at the haywood station maybe mention it to them and they may take care of it.If not and someone has a grapple hook we may be able to get it out of there on sat. Rob

Archived