favorite lure or bait of choice?

ddjp

Live bait or an imitation?............What is your favorite bait of choice?.....Lets get some feed back.......spoons,jigs,twister tails,salted tubes.......what do you like to tie on the end of the line.....lets hear it!........DDJP.

Salted tubes in a black silver with white fleck or gold black with white fleck .....killer when dragged on the bottom and twitched and jerked.....can't beat em!

To sum it all up and the easiest to use would be the Blue Fox (Rapala) Vibrax spinners, Little cleo spoons and white or pearl Twisters on a jighead. :D

:blink:

Rockfish I have read your posts and seen some of your pics.......good stuff!.....I too like white twister tails with a beetle spin for extra flash.......ddjp

Guest Rockfish

I had edited that post cuz I have had more luck on the X-raps in the Spring. I use the twisters more in summer when there is alot more weed growth around.

The question of favourite lures has been a topic on here a few times and it's probably a hard question for alot and really depends what u are fishing for and the time of year.

:blink:

Last summer I had excellent luck on white and chartreuse Spinnerbaits a crawdad Fat Rap and a Chart. Perch Big O for both pike and bass from shore but from the boat in high current areas I usually drift a Green dotted Silver Kwikfish with half a dew worm which usually gets me a couple bass and and on somedays giant sheephead

Guest Mike Kovacs

top water lures for bass (mostly because of the drama that goes with them), including jitterbug, torpedo and even a larger zara spook.

Hrmmm tough question, for pike gotta be Husky Jerks or newly found fav Silver creek jerk baits, for bass, tubes, and the 4 inch power bait smelt (drop shot) and fat raps (crawdad). For anything else i like a big ol finesse minnow. And when none of that works then u have the reliable minnows.

white spinnerbaits good for everything....pike,muskie,bass...even got a few walleye over the years on them definety the ultimate bait.

Mini spinnerbaits are awsome too.

X-RAPS..!! :blink:

triple purple Senko's (my handpoured version of them anyways), watermelon cream tubes, 6.5" light purple haze (another of my handpour colours) trick worms and spinner/chatterbaits... all for bass....

Several different crankbaits in chart/green.... for walleye

2.25" fin-s minnows..... for troutin'

Guest BoSmith

If the fish are co-operating..pike or bass.. love the top water. Jitter bugs, wood chopers, spooks. all fun. From there, any jerk baits hard or soft are a lot of fun. :blink:

Then there is the float fishing and fly fishing which I enjoy doing more than bait casting... but thats for a different application all together

If the fish are co-operating..pike or bass.. love the top water. Jitter bugs, wood chopers, spooks. all fun. From there, any jerk baits hard or soft are a lot of fun. :D

Then there is the float fishing and fly fishing which I enjoy doing more than bait casting... but thats for a different application all together

AHHHHHH the great jitterbug..got to pick up some of those lost a couple last year and didnot replace them yet....also hula poppers...

my fav pike bait has to be.Bushwacker brand spinner bait(like them becase theyare lighter than most other brands)..double blade..willow/colorado..yellow and black skirt..with a 6 inch white twister trailer...that's probably caught me the most pike over the years..lots of bass as well, a few nice walleye and a couple huge muskies.

for jigs...good ole, 6 inch white Mr Twister-1/4 or the 7 inch Gulp worms chartruesse- oz plain jig head, great biats for winter trout fishin..caught almost every laker i have ever caught on the white twister...also tonnes of bass pike and walleye

for spoons..Williams- gold/silver combo..great for trout and pike..and also for trout, Gibbs Croc spoons...plain silver with the silver reflective tape..or tiger-melon colours..great trout lures

best lake erie walleye colours for harnesses for me have been... purple firetiger pattern...or a green/pink tiger pattern

Lots of great choices!.....I cannot believe how far the imitation baits have come over the past few years....when fished properly....the fish that are being targeted haven't got a chance!.....ddjp.

Archived