BIRTHDAY BIRD

Took the day off work for my B-day and headed out to my favorite spot. I called in several birds mostly Gobblers and Jake's but they where not coming in close enough. Finally a saw a big tom that i had to have so i took a shot well over 30 plus yards and a direct hit. This gobbler scored out 15 lbs 6 oz, left spur 1 inch, right spur 1 inch, with a 9.5 inch beard. It was an exciting day in the field. Here are a couple of pic's.

T>Scavo

SpringTurkeyHunting2007016.jpg

SpringTurkeyHunting2007017.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY tony :D . man your on fire lately guy

and i bet you did a little dance when that bird went down :P

WTG bud , no better way to spend that special day than

doing what you love outdoors :D:P:D

Hey Tony ......that nice turkey gave me inspiration today to cook up my Super turkey on the bbq ! She's a 10 pound featherless beauty bought at the Super Store :) . I was thinking about you as we dined on this not so wild bird ......and it was a thing of beauty on the platter ! Have you eaten the first one yet ? The breast meat is just awesome from those wild birds !

In case you haven't dined on your bird yet.........here's some inspiration for you....... :Gonefishing:

super%20turk.jpg

Hey Tony ......that nice turkey gave me inspiration today to cook up my Super turkey on the bbq ! She's a 10 pound featherless beauty bought at the Super Store :P . I was thinking about you as we dined on this not so wild bird ......and it was a thing of beauty on the platter ! Have you eaten the first one yet ? The breast meat is just awesome from those wild birds !

In case you haven't dined on your bird yet.........here's some inspiration for you....... :D

super%20turk.jpg

smerchly,

OH MY GOD !! :Gonefishing::):worthy: Why must you tease me with that delicious looking platter of turkey heaven. Thank you for inspiring me. I haven't cooked any of the two birds yet. Not sure if i will inject with marinade or dry rub turkey's before deep frying them. :DB)

T>Scavo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY tony :D . man your on fire lately guy

and i bet you did a little dance when that bird went down :P

WTG bud , no better way to spend that special day than

doing what you love outdoors :Gonefishing::):worthy:

Hey Joe, did you see the picture smerchly posted of his bird ? you have a little bit of competition on this board for great looking dishes. :lol::D

T>Scavo

if I can find the recipe over the next couple days..a long time a go I posted a recipe for Wild Turkey Ballentine, it's a great dish but you have to be pretty handy with a knife to do it..I have made it a few times with turkey/chicken/duck variations..I have to head out to work in a bit but will see what I can do about finding the recipe.....not sure maybe Smerchly save it on his computer, I posted a whole bunch of recipes a while back.

hey tony ..... wild game is always WAY BETTER tasting

and after dropping a bird from that distance , i bet your

chest was puffed up bigger than the birds was :Gonefishing:

and rightly so . if you ever get down to our neck of the

woods , we will show you a little spot to pick some wild

asparagus to go with that beauty ;)

PS what times dinner buddy ole pal :P:lol::lol:

if I can find the recipe over the next couple days..a long time a go I posted a recipe for Wild Turkey Ballentine, it's a great dish but you have to be pretty handy with a knife to do it..I have made it a few times with turkey/chicken/duck variations..I have to head out to work in a bit but will see what I can do about finding the recipe.....not sure maybe Smerchly save it on his computer, I posted a whole bunch of recipes a while back.

Thanks Jack,

I will be waiting patiently for it.

T>Scavo

hey tony ..... wild game is always WAY BETTER tasting

and after dropping a bird from that distance , i bet your

chest was puffed up bigger than the birds was :angry:

and rightly so . if you ever get down to our neck of the

woods , we will show you a little spot to pick some wild

asparagus to go with that beauty ;)

PS what times dinner buddy ole pal :P:lol::lol:

Joe,

It was great to get my confidante's back in my shooting ability. Those wild asparagus look amazing. :dunno:

T>Scavo

Archived