Musky Heaven

Mark Counsell

I'm fairly new to NFF but have been reading the posts for about 2 years. I've been fishing musky for about 17 years both from boat and shore. This past summer and early fall had the opportunity to fish some of Ontario's best musky waters. Ottawa River, Lake Nippissing, Moon River Basin(Georgian Bay). Without question the Upper and Lower Niagara is the best available musky water in Ontario for both size and numbers. This fall has been no exception, 19 fish in the 38-42" range and 2 photos I'm including of a 47 3/4 x 22 1/2 and 44 3/4 x 23. After miles driven and countless casts came to the realization that 20 minutes from home was all I needed to go.

IM001019.jpg

IM001019.jpg

Nice Fish !! I would like to pursue some next year on the fly. I know as soon as the season opens is a good shoreline opportunity but is there any shoreline action in the fall ? Any reports that I've read this fall seem to be deep water tactics.

Nice musky! I caught my 1st musky on the upper jigging a giant soft plastic(3rd cast ever on the upper)!

Fished the upper fr shore this past weekend, had a really good hit on a small jointed believer, but, missed it....

Hope you get out befor the season closes, and post some more pictures!

Wow , handsome looking skis Mark . Yes we have big musky locally , all you have to do is catch them ! The second one is a real beauty , sure is bigger than the first one :angry2:

big%20ski.jpg

Nice skis Mark. As smerch said lots of great spots for musky around us here in Niagara.

I caught this little guy on the upper on of all things trout bait...roe.

muskyonroe.jpg

Thanks for the pics Mark and welcome to the board.

Archived