That super amazing plant

I have this plant which I have posted here before which is just amazing.

Early spring.

1.jpg

Each year I cut it down.

2.jpg

Surprisingly the trunk of this plant is hollow.

3.jpg

Each year it grow back. It grows very fast and has huge leaves.

4.jpg

The one leaf in this picture is 32'' accross.

5.jpg

The plant usually grows between 12 and 15 feet each year, however it

seem smaller for this time of year. Probably due to the lack of warm temps,

and more rain than usual.

I saw 3 dogs peeing on your plant !!! :lol: I think that's stunting it ! :Gonefishing: Ha ha ! The leaves almost look like rhubarb Dan , also close to the catalpa tree . Wasn't something mentioned about the leaves being toxic ? It's nice to see it bounce back every year , a real conversation piece to many I'm sure .

I saw 3 dogs peeing on your plant !!! :lol: I think that's stunting it ! :Gonefishing: Ha ha ! The leaves almost look like rhubarb Dan , also close to the catalpa tree . Wasn't something mentioned about the leaves being toxic ? It's nice to see it bounce back every year , a real conversation piece to many I'm sure .

They use the worms (catarpillars) that live on the catalpa tree for catfish bait in the southern states. apparently it works quite well.

Thanks for brining this up. I remember the post from last year and was wondering again about it about a month ago. Was this plant ever identified? I was just wondering as I like unusual plants especially when they have some special characteristic about them (eg. unusually large size etc). I was also wodering if you ever left the plant to grow over past the 1 year, has it ever flowered, ever try to propagate it into other plants and most important of all....has a guy named Jack been coming around asking about magic beans?

PS. Is your plant open to public viewing? :P

LOL LOL magic beans

HaHa .....and hence the name "Full of Gas" :P

CF.....I believe it is called a paulownia (princess) tree . Google that up for plenty of pics.

• 1 month later...

CF I have another one of these plants in my back yard. I let it grow on it's own, and as can

be seen the plant shoots off branches like any other tree. The leaves on the one in the back

are not even a quarter of the size of the one in the front.

6-1.jpg

Magical beans....

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

I have had many people come to my front door this year, asking about the amazing plant.

It's always a pleasure watching people walk by, stop, stare, continue and stop again for that second look :lol:

I had to stand quite a distance back as can be seen and compared to the earlier pictures to capture the new height of this plant.

It took some doing but we were able to measure the height. This is a record.... over 17 feet.

I cut this plant down in May of this year. In four months this plant has grown over 17 feet.

Thats over four feet a month, over a foot a week.

And there is still a few weeks of growing weather left.

Now you know why I call it my amazing plant :wacko::lol:

9.jpg:lol:

It's amazing how that single hollow tubed plant withstands the strong winds hitting those huge rhubarb like leaves ! Sandy drove past yesterday as you were cutting the grass & told me how tall the tree has become ......maybe a possible 20 feet this year Dan !

• 1 month later...

Well the growing season has come and gone and all that's left is this phallus type trunk.

Looks to be close to 20 feet. Will know for sure when she gets chopped in the spring to

start again.

phallus.jpg

Archived