For All You Leaf Fans.....

cplummer

That hurts, as a big Leaf fan.....But at least I'm old enough to remember the 1967 Leaf team.........Just wait until 2013........

You know what really hurts, our family had seasons tickets that last great playoff season 45 years ago. Today you could not pay me to go to a game.

Every surviving member of that 67 team will be dead before the Leafs see another cup.

That hurts, as a big Leaf fan.....But at least I'm old enough to remember the 1967 Leaf team.........Just wait until 2013........

I have been hearing that since 1970.. wait till next year haha

I remember when Harold Ballard died! They said that the team would be making great strides because they could now bring european/russian athletes to the leafs! Still didn't do a damn thing. Burke only recruits americans, not one Ontario born player on the leafs....pathetic. Don cherrys blast on burke was classic. Gonna see if I can find the link. It will be a long time coming before te leafs win the cup!

Here it is! Classic

RB

You know what Cherry is right on........Leafs should CAN the whole scouting staff. They are outright useless. Always blow it with trades, they draft useless players or trade away any good ones. Wake the whole organization up....Can Burke, Can the front office, Can the scouts, Can the trainers all of them. Leafs are the worst conditioned team in the NHL. After one month of play they start dropping like flies...Top to bottom.....Clean house. Celine Dion as Captain.....ahhh man come on give me a break...he's hopeless Thats why Calgary unloaded him...he was bad for the team in the dressing room. There.....I feel better now........LOL. Oh and BTW, a coach cant win you a hockey game.

As long as the books at the "front office" stay a healthy shade of black, there is no need to have a contender team. Hal knew that decades back,. He also learnt that negative PR sold more game tickets than good PR. It's good publicity to have a team that every one loves and hates.

Those who manage and own the team today are merely living by the same playbook.

And, who was that team that beat up on the Sabres, last night???????

But didn't that same team lose 7-1 against the flyers

Go Habs! GO!

Im looking forward to Pittsburg vs Phily, should be very exciting!

I was amazed to find out the Toronto has NO Ontario boys, Loved what Don Cherry had to say.... I guess Ontario boys do make the difference..

Sorry Hairwig, Can't say I'm looking forward to Vancouver this year, I think i'll cheer for Ottawa instead!

In terms of a business, they have no need to change. They put the worst product out there, and it sells better than anything else on the market. The fans are to blame. I'm a fan too, but I won't pay for leafs TV or buy tickets, or contribute in any way anymore. The only way they will change is if Leaf fans start taking losses to heart, the same way that Habs fans do. If the Habs don't win, fans don't show support.

If I could come up with a product that cost me pennies to make, didn't work like it should, and sold better than any competitor, I wouldn't change anything either.

Archived