Blatant Attack On Our Fishing Rights. Martindale Pond Access Denied‏

knightfisher

It kind of funny that the city of St.Catharines already has an 'election issue' on it's hands. Remember this when you vote. If we organized now and started some fund raising efforts we could have quite a campaign to make sure the corporations puppets are not re elected. Just sayin'

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Propoganda is a VERY POWERFULL TOOL.

Just look at these examples:

1. We drink more "bottled Water" then in the history of the world

- report after report shows that our tap water is the "safest" it has ever been

What gives?

2. They wanted to take "Soda Pop" out of the Schools. They replaced it with "Fruit Juices" (that actually have equal or more sugar)

- Our population is more obese than ever in recorded history. Diabetes is at an all time high.

Eating healthy food (basics) and some Excercise has been a KNOWN FACT (simple) for thousands of years.

Diet pills and Fast fixes are at an all time high.

What gives?

3. In the USA they are now promoting the upcoming elections as between the: Greedy Rich Capitolists (Rebulicans) and The "avenger" of the Middle and lower Classes (Obama)

- Obama is having a fund raiser for $40,000 a plate ( See you there! lol)

What gives?

Start (and continue) using your own PROPOGANDA!

Positive stuff.

-I have not seen too many PHOTO's being SHARED & PUBLISHED of you guys enjoying a day out at the Pond?

-Where are the kids with all their smiles?

-Where are the Shots of you guys and gals with your PETS, down at the Pond?

-Always nice to see our "Elderly Folk" out and about... Down at the Pond.

at this point, there should be HUNDREDS (if not thousands) of them!

Dont fall into their NEGATIVE BAITING (Old and good trick). As mentioned, many of you KNEW it was GOING to happen.

So what's the "Surprise"?

Stay FOCUSED on your own POSITIVE PROPOGANDA.

and yes, remind every Darn Politician ... that your VOTE will directly matter as to how they handle THIS ISSUE.

(Budgets, Big items... blah, blah... They come and go. Every single Politician with their salt knows when something even "Small or Trivial" becomes PERSONAL.. It's our job to REMIND them of that!)

Good point Blair. I like the way you are thinking. What makes this propaganda is that I could go down there tomorrow and take a similar picture and claim it was from the big race. Why they don't have a picture of them in the laneways I don't know. Why chose a picture of them close to shore? If they really were crossing the lanes post a picture of them in the lanes. It is propaganda and I wish I could find the article online to comment as such. I find it really difficult to believe that is they were crossing the race lanes that no one has a picture clearly showing that. I call bullsh*t!

So.... stop "worring" about one little thing that THEY DID, that we all know is BS!

*SMILES* seriously....

Lets see some threads and reports about HOW GREAT MARTINDALE POND has been for YOU and YOUR FAMILY.

Lets see some testimonials about VISTORS who have come and ENJOYED the pond

Lets see some Pictures and Stories about the experience over 20-30 years of history

Lets hear how it PERSONALLY has IMPROVED YOUR LIVES and why it should be there for EVERYONE!

If you follow the PATH that 'THEY" have baited for you. I am afraid YOU WILL LOSE!

Stop it! *SMILES*

Too many GOOD and SMART PEOPLE down there to allow a "Couple snobs" to CONTROL the SITUATION.

I know it sounds "Easy" to talk about from up here in the GTA, but believe me ... it's a lot of effort.

Wasting VALUABLE ENERGY and TIME on debating their pathetic (yet it seems "Useful") methods isnt going to work.

They have WEAK arguements

You have a POWERFUL COMMUNITY of SUPPORT

USE IT!

*no one likes to follow or listen too negetivety

So.... stop "worring" about one little thing that THEY DID, that we all know is BS!

*SMILES* seriously....

Lets see some threads and reports about HOW GREAT MARTINDALE POND has been for YOU and YOUR FAMILY.

Lets see some testimonials about VISTORS who have come and ENJOYED the pond

Lets see some Pictures and Stories about the experience over 20-30 years of history

Lets hear how it PERSONALLY has IMPROVED YOUR LIVES and why it should be there for EVERYONE!

If you follow the PATH that 'THEY" have baited for you. I am afraid YOU WILL LOSE!

Stop it! *SMILES*

Too many GOOD and SMART PEOPLE down there to allow a "Couple snobs" to CONTROL the SITUATION.

I know it sounds "Easy" to talk about from up here in the GTA, but believe me ... it's a lot of effort.

Wasting VALUABLE ENERGY and TIME on debating their pathetic (yet it seems "Useful") methods isnt going to work.

They have WEAK arguements

You have a POWERFUL COMMUNITY of SUPPORT

USE IT!

*no one likes to follow or listen too negetivety

SOLD!

Funny you should mention it Blair, a quick search turns up a new facebook group dedicated to paddling Martindale Pond. They actually have a challenge on looking for the oldest pictures of people enjoying the waterway. Hope this group takes off with all the issues currently surrounding the pond. I've posted a few pics that I have from just recently. I'll have to dig up some older ones for the challenge. Anyway, I found it here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Martindale-Pond-Paddlers/457441660942742

Think it would be funny if some of those large boulders ended up under the bridge, not a lot of room to go around them! The rowers would have to get out and lift their boats over them :D

Funny you should mention it Blair, a quick search turns up a new facebook group dedicated to paddling Martindale Pond. They actually have a challenge on looking for the oldest pictures of people enjoying the waterway. Hope this group takes off with all the issues currently surrounding the pond. I've posted a few pics that I have from just recently. I'll have to dig up some older ones for the challenge. Anyway, I found it here https://www.facebook...457441660942742

Here's an oldie ....1915 showing a boat in the front (lady with umbrella) . The write said they were spectators enjoying the rowing 8's .

Henley%25201915.jpg

A canoe in the pond in 1915? Are you sure? I thought this was an 'all of the sudden' trend down there.LOL. I'll send that one to the Facebook page for you. :)

Beauty!

There's an established (Grandfather) history here.

Over 100 years!

It's a Partnership with them and the Community.

Seems like a mighty fine and Proud one!

I'm going to try and find as many pictures and stories as I can. (Internet is a powerful tool)

Send them to the ROWING CLUB as well! (Seriously)

I think it's about time the Board of the Rowing club receives a lot of POSITIVE FEEDBACK from the community on this issue.

So far, they have their "Closed Minded View", Their "Supporter's biased" view, .... and probably a lot of "NASTY" hate mail and threats!

You'd be amazed at how nice it is too receive Hundreds of Letters (Emails) from citizens who SUPPORT - BOTH PARTIES.

Once you take out all the "Crap", I'd bet a million dollars that your Regular Folk who live in town... just want things to be Nice & Peaceful, with enjoyment for all.

That's the way it ALWAYS was, right?

In the 'St. Catharines centennial book' on pg. 55 it states that in 1903 the Canadian association of amateur oarsmen agreed to stage annual championships on the old well and canal. As a result the 'St. Catharine's rowing and CANOE club' was formed. Love how the word CANOE is part of the original history of the Henley and the regatta! I'll post a pic of the page tomorrow :)

Now your talking!

In every organization thoughout history, there is ALWAYS someone who seems to have a "Rational" and Fair mind, on the "Inside".

I bet that person would have access to Hundreds of Archieves and Photos.

Your not looking for "DIRT".

There has to be "Someone" who is on the Inside of the Rowing Club sympathetic to others.

And I'm not talking a "Stoolie" or "Traitor".

lol

Find those PEOPLE!

What is important is to show to the community and the Board, that things have been WONDERFUL for over 100 years.

Maintain the long standing status quo - an Outstanding and Proud Club... that CONTINUES to work with the Community

NO ONE LIKES CHANGE!

lol

Here is a picture proudly displayed on a website showing canoes and rowers happily co existing from way back!

http://cfly.ca/timeless/canoe/StCatharines.htm

7787967424_b8c26138a2.jpg

I love fishing Martindale in my canoe or little 11' crawdad with electric motor. My dad past away last year and our last fishing outing together was on Martindale, my 2 year old son's first fishing outing & caught fish (sunfish) was caught this year in Martindale & I even took my father in law from Alberta out on Martindale to catch a few fish earlier in the summer.

I love fishing Martindale in my canoe or little 11' crawdad with electric motor. My dad past away last year and our last fishing outing together was on Martindale, my 2 year old son's first fishing outing & caught fish (sunfish) was caught this year in Martindale & I even took my father in law from Alberta out on Martindale to catch a few fish earlier in the summer.

If you have any pictures get them together, maybe shoot them over to the facebook page. Sounds like there is more of a community on the pond than people would have thought.

My theory is you have to think 3 steps ahead of the opposition so you can counter what they throw at you. Stating such

theories isn't negative, but preparing for worst case scenarios.

This "conflict" has been going on since the days I've been rowing high school and club 20 years ago. The difference now,

is that these boulders were dumped recently and coincidentily where rec boats are lauched.

I still love how they say it is to prevent shoreline erosion. Only a fool would fall for that! :roflblack:

A chess player *SMILES*

Absolutely! right now the main thing is generating the Public Support.

Behind the scenes, there certainly can be a more "unique approach". Never a place for a public forum.

It may have to get "dirty" ... that would be a shame, but also a historical fact in achieving a goal.

It is better to take the High Road first, and then: DO WHAT EVER is NECCESSARY.

I still think by focusing on improvements of:

1. Safety (Signs, maybe booms as suggested)

2. Closure for the Regetta Race

3. Parking

4 Garbage Cans

that it can be worked out.

In the meantime, a constant stream of EMAILS and PHONE CALLS (Only takes 2 secs) needs to be made EVERY DAY to the Politicians and Officials. ( Mayor, MP, MPP etc)

- Dont forget to call the ROWING CLUB and their Board Members every single day as well.

They took the position on the Board. It is their job to manage.

Has a list been posted of their Names/ Position Phone Numbers and Emails?

If you have any pictures get them together, maybe shoot them over to the facebook page. Sounds like there is more of a community on the pond than people would have thought.

Done & Done....

003.jpg

011.jpg

Just to clarify my post last night it was my attempt at humor to lighten up a very touchy subject. There was absolutely nothing behind the post other than levity. That being said I do hope things get resolved soon, in our favor of course :tease:

May not even be local as idiotic as they may be. I mean, of all the times to cross?

In the above pic, is it possible that 2 people in the Zodiak are actually ''rowing coaches''? I don't see any fishing gear. Just a thought from an interested bystander......................Boog

In the above pic, is it possible that 2 people in the Zodiak are actually ''rowing coaches''? I don't see any fishing gear. Just a thought from an interested bystander......................Boog

Interesting....I have never seen this boat on that water in the past. Could it be someone trying to create interference as a means of retaliation for the rocks as a way to make a point that they will not stop us from using the pond.

Also, why are the rocks still there....they have broken the law and anyone else who would have done that would have been billed and fined for the cleanup and mess by now.

It is a hard pill to shallow ... but LIFE can be UNFAIR.

It is the wonderful efforts of GOOD & FAIR PEOPLE who have always kept the "balance in check"

Many things in life are totally OUT of OUR CONTROL (No matter how hard we want them to be)

However, Many things are there for us to mold a destiny.

It is AWESOME to see so many GOOD PEOPLE, who care and are trying to make a difference in this instance.

Hold your ground, dont give up ... and FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!

I have always had FAITH in this policy.

Pretty well, the only thing that we can control - OURSELVES

We are getting tired of the elites pushing us "common folk" around . We will use every resource available to fight for our rights . My personal take on this is , the back ponds should be used exclusively by small craft like canoes and kayaks that do not damage the ecosystem of that fragile environment by ripping out tons of natural weed growth and greatly disrupting the bottom that is certain to contain unknown chemicals . We do have some interesting tools in the box if we need them . As we said in the beginning , we hope we can get them to re-open up a small area for us without having to any further than necessary . We have a lot of people backing us here and in the media . Thanks for that NFN members !

Interesting....I have never seen this boat on that water in the past. Could it be someone trying to create interference as a means of retaliation for the rocks as a way to make a point that they will not stop us from using the pond.

There are three possibilities ...

1. Someone who had intentions of disrupting the races due to the rocks in place

2. Someone ignorant to the races and how busy the pond was

3. A setup, so they can claim KAYAKERS ARE BAD PEOPLE, NO LAUNCH FOR YOU

Also, why are the rocks still there....they have broken the law and anyone else who would have done that would have been billed and fined for the cleanup and mess by now.

The rocks remain as they are under the guise of "erosion". Expect them to be there until the follow-up meeting occurs, and then it would be dependent on the results of that meeting. In all seriousness no one would be fined for putting rocks anywhere unless it interfered with $ somehow, this is the city of St. Catharines ... a neighbor of mine has been reported many times for dumping old chemicals into the storm sewers and the city never follows up.

Archived