Looking For A New Home

bigugli

Looks like we need to relocate by March 1st. We've outgrown our little 2 bdrm apt (It has 0 storage) and we now apparently need a 3rd bdrm as one of the kids returns to the roost. Looking for somewhere along the QEW corridor stoney creek to st kitts.

I hate moving in winter.

I was thinking of you last night after seeing this house for rent at Port Dal....right on the lake . What a great spot to live !! But as we know Port is now expensive to rent or buy property and the rent plus utilities would be a killer ! ( but you could save a fortune on gas ) ;)

http://stcatharines.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-house-rental-For-rent-Two-bedroom-waterfront-house-in-Port-Dalhousie-W0QQAdIdZ546595162QQfeaturedAdZtrue

Bruce if you need a hand moving I will gladly help. I am sure we can round up some good help here

Yepper , you know how much stuff you can pack in my big van .....or pickup for tall items .

Sold...It was a friend of Keith's on the other side of me that bought it.They got it on the 3rd or so but haven't moved in yet.

I think there was a miss understanding. When i said that your neighbors house was sold i ment that bruce was moving in :-)

Wow. Lots of offers of help. I am touched.

We just have one small wrinkle. Our moving day is on Friday Feb 28th. The old landlords would not allow the one day over for a Saturday move :wall:

Wow. Lots of offers of help. I am touched.

We just have one small wrinkle. Our moving day is on Friday Feb 28th. The old landlords would not allow the one day over for a Saturday move :wall:

Sure it has to happen on my birthday ok I'm in. I have a pick up and 12ft enclosed cargo trailer if this helps

Boy!!

All these fees to move from one place to the next. Fees for hookups. Fees for admin. Security deposits. Fees for confirmation of services.

Sure don't recall moving ever being so complicated, or so expensive.

Boy!!

All these fees to move from one place to the next. Fees for hookups. Fees for admin. Security deposits. Fees for confirmation of services.

Sure don't recall moving ever being so complicated, or so expensive.

I feel your pain ! Im going through the purchase of my 1st home what a pain in the ass . All this so i can be broke lol hardly seems worth it . Pour St.Catharines doesnt know whats coming lol . I move in march 3

My 1st house ......mortgage .....principle , interest & taxes = $90 per month . Cost of older home was 10 grand .....$500 down . Weekly pay was $120 gross .....tax rate ,about 16% .....and no such thing as a sales tax . (1964) . There has been a lot of new hoops to jump through since then for buying or renting which of course is more gravy for the lawyers .

Congrats on buying your 1st home Jeff .......if the value of the house increases like my 1st house , a $250,000 home should be worth about 2 mill. in 10 yrs . $$$ :) $$$

Bruce , I'm sure I can get the day off on the 28th B)

• 4 weeks later...

You got enough help Bruce?

I'm hoping so. It is a regular work day for most folks so it rules out many who have offered to help. We don't have a lot left to pack. Mostly kitchen, clothes. Then there is all the tackle making gear. I'm still trying to have enough ready for the Ft Erie show.

Archived