Miss Piggy

I don't know much about catching carp, but do fish for them from time to time.
A friend told me they were biting so I decided to give it a go.
Posted Image

I weigh the fish in my net. I tried weighing the one and my scale, which is accurate bottomed out at 25 lbs. I didn't get the fish off the bottom, so I know it's over 25 lbs. It measured in at 37 inches. It was quite the thrill bringing this piggy in.
Posted Image

I was fortunate enough to hook into a few. I don't know if this was a female full of eggs, or if these carp just get this fat. Posted Image

I now understand the thrill of bringing in a small freight train. :Gonefishing:

Wow....your net puts things into perspective on just how huge that beast is. Very nice !!

Way to catch'em Dan ! I'd say you broke the over 30 lb. mark and then some ! Now you know the power these giants have ! It's funny how a 30 -40 lb.fish will take a few tiny pieces of corn ..... That's 2 huge fish (PB) you have caught in 2 days .....congrats ! :Gonefishing:

When I am out kayaking and fishing I see them chasing each other still. I went out Friday and it was a bash fest. Splashing everywhere in the bulrush and sets of two carp following each other. To me that looks like spawning. I haven't hooked into a beast yet... Worms are catching gnarly catfish but nothing on the corn for me. I wonder what's wrong for me this year.

When I am out kayaking and fishing I see them chasing each other still. I went out Friday and it was a bash fest. Splashing everywhere in the bulrush and sets of two carp following each other. To me that looks like spawning. I haven't hooked into a beast yet... Worms are catching gnarly catfish but nothing on the corn for me. I wonder what's wrong for me this year.

ya they could be still spawning if they are still chasing each other around. I was doing good for a bit and then they just shut off for me using corn as well . So it's not just you.

Good job knightfisher what a hog I'm thinking they are spawned out by now just living up to there nick name HOG LOL

That big hog has a beer belly , and obviously has been eating lots of corn and chopped liver used for chum .....

large pre spawn female, egg retainer. NIce capture.

Two guys had 3 carp on a stringer , one about 25 lbs & very plump .....looks like they're going to served on a platter ....

Out again this afternoon with a member of our forum who got this nice size carp

S/he prefers to remain anonymous as s/he claims s/he is
a Mars arctic 364 mission semi-finalist :dunno:

Anyhow, the scale bottomed out again at 25 lbs and was 35 inches long.

piggy%202_zps5q2rwpov.jpg

Nice going Dan , and your lady friend ......I have a 50 lb. Rap. digi scale that works ,as long as I remove the battery everyday or it dies in 2 days....and I have a net that can handle the next 40 lb. carp you catch ..... :D .......and I have about 10 lbs. of nice pineapplely smelling maize corn I prepared last night ....good to go for another dozen trips ! We will soon have to do another pig -in soon ! :Gonefishing:

Archived