WARNING

gunner-2

If anyone is hunting deer this week watch your self my buddy was fishing today and found two deer ticks on him these cold nights are not enough to send them into hiding so watch your self pass it on to your buddies 

If you haven't tried it before, go to TSC store and buy a spray called Ultra Shield. Its for horses,

but the Permethrin in it works great for ticks.

I sprayed my camo outerwear, seats and fanny pack with it in the spring before the start of turkey season, and never had a single tick on me for the entire spring season.

Did it again before the start of bow season, and still no ticks.

NOTE: I sprayed everything outside, and let it dry before bringing everything back in, because it does have an odor.

ultrashield.jpg

Thanks for the advice now you say it has an odor is that only when its wet or even when its dry and does it alarm deer as i'm a bow hunter to and have been looking for something for ticks but something that deer won't get to alarmed 

The odour pretty well went away after it dried.

I also use it for fall crossbow hunting for deer, but I ALWAYS spray all my clothes and gear at the start of every deer hunt with scent killer spray, so I'm assuming there is no longer any residual Permethrin odour left to spook any deer.

So far, the only deer I spooked did so because it saw me, not smelt me.

If you're concerned about any residual odour, use a masking scent, or scent killer spray.

While moose hunting I would rub my clothing with moss , pine or cedar branches even though there was no ticks  .  And when possible walk into the wind . I bought some "anti-tick" spray from Outdoors Oriented this summer and so far no ticks.... as long as I remembered to use it .

Archived