Current conditions?

curious

Curious I'll be heading to the same spot as last week in hopes there still there waiting for a feed of minnows.

stop by if you see us catching, throw the anchor. Black 16' Lund side console 3 guys .

Lets hope the lake is friendly today.

Good luck if you make it out.

It was hard fishing first thing was a Sheephead then only 1 Walleye and the rest of the day we moved around and caught a 1 man limit for 3 guys Oh ya and 1 BIG Monster Catfish over 13 Lbs.

Anyone have issues with minnows, we stopped at Erie Tracker for minnows and all minnows in his tank were dead, so that is what we bought, fished the day with dead minnows.

I didn't want to make the drive to Dominion. Most of the time dead works as good as alive.

When the perch are feeding they will almost take anything . We have cut a dink open & used pieces of it entrails (guts) or cut a minnow shape piece from the belly . That piece of white skin is tough as nails & stays put for several perch . We have also used pieces of shrimp , squid , worms & small twisters . When the bait runs out it's good to have something else in the boat .  :Gonefishing:

I actually went up the canal a bit, never went out on the lake at all because of the iffy weather.  I too had to use the dead minnows from Erie Tracker

Archived