Toronto Spring fishing and Boat Show

honeyv

Alright. The Toronto Spring Fishing and Boat Show is coming up starting on the 15th of February. Who's getting excited? I'm pretty pumped about it.  

I'm really hoping to scope out and pick up a couple new Left Hand retrieve baitcasters. Maybe take an in-depth look at the Curado DC. (Which I'm not going to lie, has been on my mind for quite some time.)

9 hours ago, bigugli said:

Too busy with local fishing shows and swaps, like Ft Erie and Ancaster,   to free up the time.

Never been to a local one. I just go to the Toronto shows because they're ones I've been going to since I was a kid. 

7 hours ago, honeyv said:

Never been to a local one. I just go to the Toronto shows because they're ones I've been going to since I was a kid. 

Never too late to switch it up honeyv. Local shows are my go to now. Haven’t been to Toronto one since I was a kid.  It’s nice to be able to support smaller shops and see some familiar faces behind the tables.  

On 1/13/2019 at 10:10 AM, honeyv said:

Alright. The Toronto Spring Fishing and Boat Show is coming up starting on the 15th of February. Who's getting excited? I'm pretty pumped about it.  

I'm really hoping to scope out and pick up a couple new Left Hand retrieve baitcasters. Maybe take an in-depth look at the Curado DC. (Which I'm not going to lie, has been on my mind for quite some time.)

Buy a Curado dc, you wont regret it!

7 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Never too late to switch it up honeyv. Local shows are my go to now. Haven’t been to Toronto one since I was a kid.  It’s nice to be able to support smaller shops and see some familiar faces behind the tables.  

I would normally go with my brother.  He lives in Innsfil. Toronto is mid way point. Although, this time I'll be going with a friend. It is true, I could go to local ones. The trek to Toronto can  sometimes be grueling. 

5 hours ago, tombo said:

Buy a Curado dc, you wont regret it!

I'm  really thinking about it.  Then part of me is saying "what's wrong with the ones that I have?" Lol 

49 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Buy it not at the sportsman show and you will save money... 😆... the so called sales aren't that great

It is true once you factor in the cost of the tickets, and the cost of gas getting there. I do also still want to check out everything else that there is there and then the one in March too. 

The show is fun. I try and take my boy every year and just cruise around and see the stuff on display hit the trout pond for the kiddo and geek out on all the gear. Never buy anything though because as stated above the “sales” are crap. Rather support local shows for tackle and whatnot. The one out in fort erie is pretty great. Not going to lie. 

10 hours ago, DNorton said:

The show is fun. I try and take my boy every year and just cruise around and see the stuff on display hit the trout pond for the kiddo and geek out on all the gear. Never buy anything though because as stated above the “sales” are crap. Rather support local shows for tackle and whatnot. The one out in fort erie is pretty great. Not going to lie. 

I'm mostly into it to geek out as well.  But I mean, since I'll be there anyway I'm not oppressed to spending a bit on things there...

I've been to the Toronto shows a few times the last few years and i usually like to check out the seminars just to see what some of the new gear or techniques are. Occasionally you can find a good deal on gear but it seems like each year you have to find the item that will have good deals whether it's rods, reels, lures, etc... Plus we like to grab some pepperoni or meats while we are there. My buddy fell in love with the kangaroo meat. 

Archived