Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
bigugli

Digging, digging, digging

Recommended Posts

It's not going to help the boat launches 😳 ... note to self... pack shovel and sand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two hrs.on the snow blower ...2 tanks of gas ....two driveways & 3 side walks .... snow  drifts off roof top & lots of shoveling . Arms are 3" longer ....but OHHH the bicepts !!   ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Two hrs.on the snow blower ...2 tanks of gas ....two driveways & 3 side walks .... snow  drifts off roof top & lots of shoveling . Arms are 3" longer ....but OHHH the bicepts !!   ^_^

That's because at your age bill you should be able to do the work of 2 .. 40 year olds 💪😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh how times have changed .i used to shovel about 8 - 10 driveways on my street for money as a kid .now i have 2 of my own 12-15 years old and they are good for about 20 mins outside in the snow to shovel.yet they can sit in one spot on their electronics for 8 hours .arrrgh👹

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fishingking said:

Oh how times have changed .i used to shovel about 8 - 10 driveways on my street for money as a kid .now i have 2 of my own 12-15 years old and they are good for about 20 mins outside in the snow to shovel.yet they can sit in one spot on their electronics for 8 hours .arrrgh👹

Those kids wouldn't survive in my house. Until they realized that the food doesn't get put on the table til the chores are done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appropriately , these kids are called "snowflakes "    :rolleyes: .  The "smart" phone is part of their body .....can't go anywhere without it . 📱 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya i frequently take the electronics away if they are asked to do things and they gimme a hard time .they have 3 small chores a day but other than that they pretty useless .but my daughter could run her own charter boat for walleyes or shoot a deer with a compound at 40 yards and shes 15 .my son is a cupcake .wont even bait a hook 😩computer smart though and good at school work just no interest in being outside .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fishingking said:

Ya i frequently take the electronics away if they are asked to do things and they gimme a hard time .they have 3 small chores a day but other than that they pretty useless .but my daughter could run her own charter boat for walleyes or shoot a deer with a compound at 40 yards and shes 15 .my son is a cupcake .wont even bait a hook 😩computer smart though and good at school work just no interest in being outside .

I have a 3 yr old grandaughter here who comes out to the farm, plants and harvests her own squash and pumpkins. She made $100 just from the sale of her squash last season.  She already knows that one has to do the chores to earn the rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought my first car from picking berries and fruit ....try to get our own people to work on farms today .  Needless to say , we are living in the best of times now.

oh yes ....my first car was a  black 1950 Pontiac silver streak torpedo back .....set me back $75   (no tax)  6 banger , standard on the column  ( front bench seat)  :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Bought my first car from picking berries and fruit ....try to get our own people to work on farms today .  Needless to say , we are living in the best of times now.

oh yes ....my first car was a  black 1950 Pontiac silver streak torpedo back .....set me back $75   (no tax)  6 banger , standard on the column  ( front bench seat)  :wub:

A lot of the lessons of the past will have to be relearnt by the new generations the hard way. I see some really lean, tough years in the near future. Even now there are few silver lined futures out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kids aren't learning much when they cancel all the buses because it snowed yesterday 🤪....not like the old days for sure...pretty much first snow of the winter and everyone panics....I remember walking to school in the  blizzard of 77 only to find a locked school and a couple other kids milling about not knowing what to do before we tredded home 😳... now that was a snow day !!!.... 

Edited by Jwl1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a side note... you guys who have been waiting on the ice machine to fire up got your wish with the cold....remember to keep your minnows in your pocket so they stay warm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the little warm spell doesn't mess things up too bad for you guys and gals who are waiting on some local hardwater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Hopefully the little warm spell doesn't mess things up too bad for you guys and gals who are waiting on some local hardwater

Ya Jack ...I should have hit the ice today . It was still 0*F. at 5 a.m. when I let doggie out for a "quick" whizz , so I went back to bed . Tomorrow looks like another raunchy day ...snow , sleet , rain ...ugh !   So Thursday will be a (n) ice day !  I'll get some fresh minnies at Peter's & head to Port from there .....not sure where yet , but if anyone is out that way look for the smerchmobileshagginwaggen  tan Astro.  :Gonefishing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bug is kicking in for sure... it's been like a week since I caught a fish😳🎣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2019 at 6:37 PM, fishingking said:

Ya i frequently take the electronics away if they are asked to do things and they gimme a hard time .they have 3 small chores a day but other than that they pretty useless .but my daughter could run her own charter boat for walleyes or shoot a deer with a compound at 40 yards and shes 15 .my son is a cupcake .wont even bait a hook 😩computer smart though and good at school work just no interest in being outside .

Just keep changing the wifi password and hold it ransom till the chores are done 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe all the hubbub just because it snowed....wow....closures everywhere....all the hype on places preparing for the snow.....the high school kids have exams and they are canceled so my daughter tells me because no buses.....wow the newer generations of people are getting about as delicate as a butterfly wing in a field of wilted daisies....lol....soon as a snowflake hits the road there's 10 accidents....wow people.....what ever happened to just accepting the fact that it's winter......bundle up....grab a shovel if you have to dig out....if you are driving take a few extra minutes of caution to get where you have to go and slow down....now now dont cry all you sensitive wusses it's cold out a tear might freeze to your cheek and you will have to call your mommy to wipe it off after she wipes your bum....lol....we live in Canada last I checked....its not a state of emergency it's just January.... now buck up...grow some 🏀🏐🏈🎱🏉...put your toque and boots on eh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cars are "smarter? today Jack ....all kinds of techno ...abs brakes & sensors , air  bags & most have 4 snow tires ,not 2 like we had in the OLD days   .  Back in the 50's they only used sand , not salt on the road ....and today would not be a snow day ....& we walked over a mile to get there . I think people put too much trust in the techno and feel they can drive faster with their 4 x 4's ....but haven't figured out the braking on icy roads lol . Most kids today are bused to school so there's now a liability factor involved .....and no seat belts.....

I put in 4 hours today snowblowing  & shoveling 3 driveways , saidewalks for my neighbours ,  cleaning snow from 3 vehicles and shoveling runways in the yard for our short legged dog .Damn snowblowers really stink up you clothing from the exhaust !  ....need to buy a riding lawnmower with a plow attachment !  🚜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now see that guys!...  that was coming from a man in his 70's....when I was a kid it was the kids job to shovel the snow...now kids wait it out until the grownups have to shovel to go somewhere....and then their car mysteriously starts up and they all of a sudden have somewhere to go...lol... hide thier keys beside a broom or in a dirty cup and they will never find them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a great day out. What we get... Maybe 5-6" tops, overnight???  Took me 20 minutes to dig out the driveway. 30 minutes for the sidewalk to the corner. Then I spent the rest of the day outdoors casting jigs. Tomorrow will be too cold for metal casting, so I'll stay indoors and paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bigugli said:

It was a great day out. What we get... Maybe 5-6" tops, overnight???  Took me 20 minutes to dig out the driveway. 30 minutes for the sidewalk to the corner. Then I spent the rest of the day outdoors casting jigs. Tomorrow will be too cold for metal casting, so I'll stay indoors and paint.

We "old timers" have to keep moving Bruce , or we start "squeaking" when we walk .....

Yes ....extreme cold for a few days on the way ....should hear the ice squeaking as well !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, smerchly said:

 

Yes ....extreme cold for a few days on the way ....should hear the ice squeaking as well !

More time for me to spend with "My George"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...