Carp meet up

Tyler0420

Hey guys. Sorry for the short notice but it would be nice to get together this weekend with whoever can attend for a carp meet up since things are starting to heat up.  Saturday looks wet so I’m thinking Sunday will be the day for it.  Chime in if you can make it, everyone is welcome. 

We’ll pick a spot over the next day or two. 

Hope to see some new faces out. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on how many would be game to meet up ,  we need to have a spot where there's room for parking .  Charles Daley Park has lots of parking but the 15 Mile (east) pond may have spots taken . The west pond (16 mile) is a 300 meter walk & has more open shore to fish .....can even fish the lake if calm .

Gibson has parking also .....deep water with current ....carp should be in there ....

Chime in with more spots carp connoisseurs ......   B)

Have to check with the lil woman.....and no not to see if I'm "allowed" to go fishing..Haha.....to see what her work schedule is about wheels...we still juggling 1 car right now.....and it's not even 5AM....I'm sure she would be impressed if I woke her up right now to ask her on my way out the door for work...lol....then again if I catch her half asleep.......😉...or I will just spend the next couple days bugging the crap out if her around the house......problem solved 🎣

1 hour ago, Jwl1 said:

Have to check with the lil woman.....and no not to see if I'm "allowed" to go fishing..Haha.....to see what her work schedule is about wheels...we still juggling 1 car right now.....and it's not even 5AM....I'm sure she would be impressed if I woke her up right now to ask her on my way out the door for work...lol....then again if I catch her half asleep.......😉...or I will just spend the next couple days bugging the crap out if her around the house......problem solved 🎣

I happen to have an empty seat in my truck and most likely driving past your place. If you need a ride just let me know.  

I'll be there just to try and pick some brains,  been trying to learn to catfish with no luck 

Thanks for the offer Tyler...I will know about wheels over the next couple days...I'm in for some fishing for sure

4 minutes ago, cplummer said:

I despise carp . catfish and shephead.  No way would i target those fish.  If i catch one i cut my line

I remember people cutting their lines when they caught an eel  .  I know some steel guys who like catching carp with their fly rods , just for the "entertainment"

Some of those bottom feeders help clean up the bottom , like gulls do above water .

Fishing for those big carp , drum and channel cats don't need a lot of tackle & gear , and bait is cheap . 

We have plenty of invasive species from foreign ships because of world trade ....and more to come costing us billions . (our taxes will cover it) 

I wonder how the bass anglers feel about the gobies now ?  (8 lb smallies)

Most guys who carp fish take much care in releasing them unharmed ..............  it would be nice if game fish were treated as well .....

43 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Come out and chat atleast. 

Cliff couldn't handle a 30 lb carp .........   Bring the coffee Cliff    B)

Hey guys,

looks like we’ll meet up at Charles Daley park the east pond and go from there.  The carp master (smerch) was out scouting for us today. Meet up around 8:30-9:00am. I’ll be there earlier I’m sure. Hopefully meet some new faces so everyone come on out and enjoy the day. 

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

Hey guys,

looks like we’ll meet up at Charles Davis park the east pond and go from there.  The carp master (smerch) was out scouting for us today. Meet up around 8:30-9:00am. I’ll be there earlier I’m sure. Hopefully meet some new faces so everyone come on out and enjoy the day. 

Is this for tomorrow or Sunday?

Both ponds are muddy , shallow (3 to 4'),  and wet at the shoreline ,except the sandy bank on the west pond .  Hope to see y'all there .

I'm in....will know tomorrow if I need to bum a ride...lol...um I mean help save the environment by "carpooling ".

16 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

I'm in....will know tomorrow if I need to bum a ride...lol...um I mean help save the environment by "carpooling ".

HI JACK .. (don't say that on a plane)  .....

I 'm on Vansickle Rd. near St.Paul W. .....are you not close by ?

Send me a pm tonight (before 10 ) & I can pick you up in the a.m.

We might need booties or hip waders......  💧

Unfortunately I’m not able to make it. Went on a 12 hour fishing trip today and left my amazing wife with our 4 kids all day so tomorrow I think I should stay home and give her a break. I expect to see a lot of pictures of some nice fish landed. 

Added my brown trout from today to give this thread some fish pr0n. 

5CB0BB78-A6A5-498B-B729-D7A1F3FA9495.jpeg

Archived