Weight size for niagara river

Frank

16 minutes ago, deetch said:

10lb cannon ball usually works. Lol

10# cannon ball should almost hold steady at the Pool .  :Gonefishing:

I use a cheap swivel at the sinker & start using weights on the light side , then going heavier to get the right drift speed I want ....quick & easy to change weights . If I want my weight to stay put on bottom I have some 1 & 2 oz bell sinkers that I flattened in my big vice ....they don't roll as easy .

• 2 weeks later...

Still gobsmacked you don't have these over here, the spikes stick in the bed and stay put, when you give them a good yank the spikes flip down freeing it for your retrieve 

Screenshot_20191001-062040_Chrome.jpg

23 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Pretty pricey to lose on niagara. 

Yes ,  about $8 Can. for that 2 oz. weight .....  I would try a 2 oz. "spoon" sinker  , about 50 cents .  I have a few that were bell sinkers that I flattened in my 5" vice , or a hammer could do the job .  They don't roll as easy like the bell sinkers . Tackle shops sell them in bulk , much cheaper than packaged weights.

47 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Pretty pricey to lose on niagara. 

Get some really good deals on WISH etc mate, that was just the first picture I came across as an example. 

11 hours ago, Limey said:

Still gobsmacked you don't have these over here, the spikes stick in the bed and stay put, when you give them a good yank the spikes flip down freeing it for your retrieve 

Screenshot_20191001-062040_Chrome.jpg

I was asked to produce something similar a few years back, by members of the carp club, until they found out what it was going to cost them.

Archived