Fall time carpin

Tyler0420

3 weeks since I caught a fish.  Been out atleast 3 times a week. Finally caught one today, pretty decent for my local spot. My pb here is 12lbs and this fish was very close to that. Of course go to weight it and batteries are dead.  Using oats,feed corn, can corn and some left over fish eggs from the other day (pack bait) with a method feeder. Two pop up corn with canned corn on the hair. 

DED5813B-0308-4B0F-912E-1689EC9AFA37.png

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTG Tyler, chunky carp !    ......I hope to do some more carping soon ....wife comes home with a can of mashed pineapple to add to my frozen maize stash .....maybe some hot sauce would help in the colder water !   I want to give  Moody another go ....west winds are good there .  I drove through Port Dal.today as I was getting a prescription nearby for my dog....water viz is still not good and the wind was still strong from the SW.  ....still ok for carp fishing there.

On 11/9/2019 at 4:51 PM, Tyler0420 said:

Soon I’ll be going to dry goodies ina pva bag/mesh.  Water it getting too chilly to be washing your hands. 

I hope the water is still soft H20 after this cold spell and all the snow !!  Need to start wearing the layers now !

Good thing I put the snow tires on yesterday ......and I'll be using the snowblower in the morning !   ✳️✴️

Tons of accidents today ....insane !!   ....back to sane temps. next week ! 

More carp weather Tyler !    :Gonefishing:

Still lots of leaves on the trees ,  looks strange to see so many leaves on TOP of the snow !  Too cold,  too soon !  Christmas lights on across the street !!  Whoa there Santa !!! 

If CDP is a no go tomorrow (Friday)  I'll head to Rennie  ....  .:Gonefishing:

8 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Still lots of leaves on the trees ,  looks strange to see so many leaves on TOP of the snow !  Too cold,  too soon !  Christmas lights on across the street !!  Whoa there Santa !!! 

If CDP is a no go tomorrow (Friday)  I'll head to Rennie  ....  .:Gonefishing:

good luck smerch.

Ack...seems to be the word today....like Smerchmiester shared and most of the reason for postponing the get together today....might have to change tactics from copper to chrome 😎

I did try for copper yesterday at Rennie since it was still open water , but the copper heads didn't want to play with me ....

Warmer temps all next week .....ice should be gone by Thurs/Fri ....

Nasty November ! ....Hard to get a nice day this year !

I gave it a try at CDP this morning .....some thin ice was blocking my "spot" ,but soon moved out with some help from the wind . I didn't take much bait ,,,,some maize , salted minnows and corn puffs .....took a carp rod & a10' ultra light /float rod . I gave the carp/maize hair rig a couple hours to no avail , tried the float rod /salty/corn for an hour & no bites . Went back to carp rod using corn puff , then corn puff/maize combo .....again nothing happening .....only about 4' deep average there ....

Spoke with 2 guys who were well into carp fishing and one told me November carping is very slow  ... fishes there often & said June was great but not a single carp in July-August . Looks like I'll fish Rennie next ,  I think the chances are better in the deeper water .There was a guy operating a front loader at the beach cleaning up downed trees & he came over to see how I was doing ....another carp guy ! He said he saw salmon in the ponds !  The high lake water made it easy for salmon to enter the outflows & now they are locked in as the lake dropped . .....should have took a few spoons .... B)

You gave it a go bill.... it looks good the last few days out for work at the pirate ship....few places in the welland area....dain as well.....trying to decide the where and what to fish....haha...also a few places out of the area on the welland...and grand

Ya Jack ....the ship would have been a better spot to try today with the south wind .  The water viz at CDP is like 1" ,whereas at the ship it would be much clearer .

I hear ya Tyler....I'm getting out this weekend for sure...been too long...weekdays have been a write off with work..looks like some decent weather next few days 

When you guys retire you will forget what day of the week it is ......I retired at Christmas 1992  (what a gift) !! , and I fish according to weather conditions ....wind direction , species to target , and have a plan B , C , D ......  :Gonefishing:

Next trip ....Rennie for carp ,   and check Peter's for live minnows .  ( looking to find some stinky salmon roe for carp)

Oh ya...well I'm retired until Monday 😁..and fishing is in the forecast this weekend for sure....um.. we did do a nice number hijacking Tyler's carp thread 😯🤨😇

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

When you guys retire you will forget what day of the week it is ......I retired at Christmas 1992  (what a gift) !! , and I fish according to weather conditions ....wind direction , species to target , and have a plan B , C , D ......  :Gonefishing:

Next trip ....Rennie for carp ,   and check Peter's for live minnows .  ( looking to find some stinky salmon roe for carp)

I retired November 01st and can’t agree more. I look at Saturday and Sunday as days to avoid the crowds be it fishing , shopping or just running around. Monday - Friday plus what Bill mentioned works for me.

Archived