Brook trout in southern Ontario

Ryder.b

Hello I have been fly fishing for a bit now and decided I wanted to get into trout fishing I have done some research and it says that the 12 mile creek (bronte creek) has a self sustaining brook trout population it also said that decree falls was part of the 12 mile creek just wondering if they have any brook trout in December falls?

Forget trying to find brook trout down south. Most realistic place to start looking for trout for fly fishing would be Browns in the Upper Grand. Most access points are likely closed at this point, you need to get out and explore. 

Gotta love those beautiful spekkies !   It's been a longgggg time since I caught them locally .

Bottom one has human teeth ....   :)

speckie.jpg

Nice mattcrash... you are right... did a brookie mission opening day...not exactly local...but not 10 hours away either..lol..hoping to get one more in soon...seems you got a couple decent sized ones to boot

Mattcrash is correct. There is brookies in lots of southern Ontario streams. When I was volunteering with TU we did stream rehad on few creeks that had good populations. Just have to look around a bit and look for off the beaten path cold water streams. I don't target them myself but I do know where to find them. 

Archived