Fishing Near the Falls

fishin_hamilton

Guest canadadude

As far as I know that episode was at the Maid of the mist area and unfortunatly it is now closed to fishing and tresspassing. There is security that keeps an eye on this area!!!

Hey Hamilton. Can't help you out about locations

at the falls. But Queenstion has many areas to fish

from shore. A few years back in the warmer months

a Sunday would easily attract 40-50 fisher people.

It has really toned down the last few years. Sometime

you would be lucky to see 5 people down there. Anyways

you can catch anything from alewife to zebra musscles and

everything in between. The beauty of Queenston is you never

know whats on your line, till you get it in :o

Dan

Guest leadhead

last summer a freind was at the maind of the mist asked about fishing they told him there was no problem and he could even take there elevator

Guest Rockfish

A few yrs ago I did some Bass fishing below the Falls, a couple of times there was a security guard at the top of the road before u went down, but no problem if u could sneak past him, lol.

There was also lots of poison ivy just past that small pool towards the Falls, was in no hurry to keep going down there........ :worthy:

I fished the base of the falls many years back & got a nice big bow when the water was low in the morning. There's a beauty inlet there and ful of bass.......but now , it's off limits for whatever reason .... :worthy: ...And Rockfish is right about the poison ivy.......I got it good near Queenston , digging for worms on the slope going down to the river . Be wary of that stuff ......not fun scratching your hide off .

Thanks Guys: I fished with my Dad near the base of the falls in the Seventies. Caught nice trout, bass, walleye and musky. There was a path we used to take. Was always dangerous to the brink. Fishing in the pool below the falls is priceless. Trying to transfer some old pics. Hope this works. Good fishing. Scottydog

:worthy:

Archived