smelt

knightfisher

Guest probass

thinking about going for smelt maybe tonight. just gotta remember where i used to go. all i can remember from like 4 years ago was a lot of people where i used to go, if i go i'll report back.

-probass ;)

Good stuff. Glad to know their running.

I will probably get out twice in the next

four days. As long as its not to cool at night.

Smelt don't run .....mudpuppies do ;) ....now that's funny ! ha .....Yes , I would like a feed of those tastey bait fish ....especially if they are big ! How big is big for a smelt ? Well , I've seen them a foot long right of the beach off Rathfon Inn on Erie . But 7 inches would be a nice smelt today . It has to have an effect on the fishing , they will be gorging on them for a while . Warm temps .are on the way...the smelts won't last , gettem while their cold !

Guest probass

actualy they are a pritty good size this year or least compaired to the ones we got last year. it was actualy a pritty good night we went to queenston and it was packed like normal but we found a nice little spot and were doing pritty good till we lost out net.....guess i shoulda checked the knot since last year. any ways we got about 25 but we didnt have a light...tho we thought we did it was acutaly a bad luck night and we only did 3 pulls. but people around us with underwater lights and lights were getting on avg 50 every time. the one time they pulled up almost 200. and the ones we had were acutualy most were 6 inches some even bigger....i figure they would make good pike bait so i've been keeping them alive...does anyone know for sure if its ok to use smelt as bait? i've never thought about that b4 i cant see them being considered a game fish beings as you can keep pail fulls of them. but i just thought i'd be on the safe side and check. never-the-less the smelt are running good one guy said its almost over tho and 2 weeks ago it was at its best. but im not to sure how accurate some people down their kinda are.

-probass :Gonefishing:

Archived