Legend boats

maka

He bought one after another guy who was fishing Lake Opasatika near our camp had one like the Predator ,with the square bow . It had a 30 hp Mariner and was surprisingly fast and took the chop very well . The larger one make great cargo boats for fishing and hunting .  Their web site now has a lot to choose from ....Pricey ? 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a legend. it was a good boat.  That was before they changed the design in 07?  Solid, no corrosion issues with the hull. The cheapest part of the package was the trailer. They cheaped out on the bunks and the wood was rotting 6 years in.

Remember one of my trailer bunks fell off at JWL's trailer park  and I didn't notice it was missing . We had a look around and found it at a scrap pile at the park .  Bolts were gone , tied it with wire to the trailer and I replaced the wood with pressure treated wood ....sold the trailer later and bought a new one at Nichols  with the "wish bone" frame .Maybe using cedar wood be an option .....

4 hours ago, bigugli said:

We had a legend. it was a good boat.  That was before they changed the design in 07?  Solid, no corrosion issues with the hull. The cheapest part of the package was the trailer. They cheaped out on the bunks and the wood was rotting 6 years in.

I bought my Legend in 2002, and finally had to replace the bunks in 2017, so my originals lasted 15 years, whichisnt bad at all for wood bunks.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:59 PM, smerchly said:

I have a friend who bought a new Stanley boat ....seems like it's very well made and runs nice in the water .

I don't hear much about them .....

Those boats are made for big water. Alot of Georgian Bay island cottages have stanleys 

I remember that smerch....lol...I had no trouble what so ever with my 2 legend boats...both where 2003....and used hard.....used the viper all year long including a couple times a week all winter long for years on the niagara....and also used for a tonne of tubing...jumping through waves and cruises with the family at the time...my 14 footer was dragged up and down many a bank..2 guys could put it in the water anywhere you could carry it to..pop on the motor..gas gear and go...no idea about any of the newer models....but back then I had absolutely no issues what so ever...and I didn't baby them...lol...I used them to the max in all kinds of conditions 

Have a boo at the bottom of my 16' alum.freighter canoe ... Dozens of deep scratches , big dents , nut & bolt repairs and a 5" welded spot that cracked from metal fatique  !  Got a Timex watch beat !!

Archived