A message from Angelo Viola

icecy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please explain why we should sign this ... because you don't want someone else to catch a trout if you can't get out?

I will guarantee you that various municipal forces will be out and about at all the popular streams watching for social distancing and checking where you are coming from, because driving a few hours out of your way for a troutie or two will be classified as unneeded travel.

I like that they rifled off a bunch of bodies of water and areas that are popular and known to be busy...and may have even given some web surfers a tip on some spots to try.....divert all the crowding to those areas......not one of the areas mentioned are where I planned to go....lol

The last comment I read said it all ......

"I am sorry but even though you are well respected and you made your point well read to fit your views you still come off like the rest of the fear pushers most people can control there personal space yes as always there will be those that don’t and I would hope that the police and fellow anglers do their part to make sure we are all safe ,
but it still needs to be up to us to self regulate not the government
and I would hope that you remember you are where you are because of all of us"

He paints us anglers with a wide brush  , carte blanch , no ands , ifs or buts !  These draconian "laws" don't allow for any discussion . If we don't fight back we will never need lawyers to argue our case ..... Of course we don't want big crowds of anglers fishing shoulder to shoulder (and as Viola inferred ....all pissed up on beer !  

Mr.Viola ....we know the score , give us some credit will ya !!

First off...fishing seasons are put in place for optimal reproduction of the species...and not because too many people show up...if that's the case our steelie season on the niagara which is open all year round would be shut down....oops too many people here year after year...better change the season.....or close it....all the places that are mentioned on the rant from mr violin guy..are all well known places...with easy access...and all within proximity of a highly populated area....they have been busy for decades and will continue to be busy until the fishing dries up and they actually have to rethink the regs..and limits ect....the issue is potential crowds anywhere not just at a busy well known fishing hole...doesnt matter what activity anyone in the crowd is doing....I'm an avid trout angler and can say I have never been to the places mentioned on the soap opera edition of fishin canada...why?....because everyone on the fishing planet knows they are ridiculously busy....if I want to fish at a busy fishing hole I already have one close to home...haha....our niagara steelhead season is the only time ever I will fish in a crowd.....think about it..unless I have made plans with some of the people I know on here for many years..or participate in an nfn get together.....noone pretty much runs into me out fishing...why?...because I have spent decades finding spots that nobody goes to....lol...I choose to fish with the people I went with not 100 other people...lol...I'm definitely not sitting here wishing i could go fishing at any of those spots...but still wishing on trout opener in a couple others🎣

49 minutes ago, Fish Farmer said:

we'll all be watching Judge Judy

At least Judith will listen to argument before making a reasonable decision .

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

We’re signing petitions to open boat ramps not shut down fishing........

When I checked out the ramp at Port Dal . a while back , one guy was backing in a boat while another guy with a truck and boat waited to launch . The first guy pulled out , parked his truck and off they went to fish. The other guys didn't come closer than 20 ft. away from the other boaters ! Parking there can hold dozens of truck/trailers . Boaters know the score , give them some credit and stop treating people like  dumb @%&#$ ! 

Just for a comparison ....we needed a few basic groceries yesterday . Walmart is just 1km away . She was back home in 5 minutes !! Yep ,  they were lined up outside with about 30 people waiting to shop !  No groceries ! 

Just now, FishingDayz said:

I would really like to see the boat ramps opened back up. Again, fine ppl who aren’t filling the rules but let us others play

Fining people $880 is over the top .  $150 would be more reasonable , on par with fishing without a license . You can toss a ton of garbage in a lake and wouldn't get fined $880 .....or get caught speeding 40 km over the limit and pay less !

The "elites" can laugh off an $880 fine but that kind of fine hurts the whole family . UNREASONABLE !

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Fining people $880 is over the top .  $150 would be more reasonable , on par with fishing without a license . You can toss a ton of garbage in a lake and wouldn't get fined $880 .....or get caught speeding 40 km over the limit and pay less !

The "elites" can laugh off an $880 fine but that kind of fine hurts the whole family . UNREASONABLE !

Unreasonable? I REALLY want to be able to go fishing! However... people not following the social distancing rules risk becoming infected & transferring the virus to others! Consequently possibly killing many people down the line! How much are those lives worth??

Obviously some of the regulations are a bit ridiculous, they do need to rethink them a little! However for the most part, the fines are completely inadequate in my opinion!

A father took his 3 boys to an empty parking lot to give them some exercise ....mall was closed so no cars in the lot . The risk to others was zero .  Dad was being reasonable in knowing that . Fining him $880 was not reasonable and will hurt the family . Maybe they'll end up at a food bank depending on their finances ....and have 3 kids hating the law . "Social distance"  we get it , make it 10 feet not 6 , most would be okay with 10 feet .

This video on You Tube has got over 6 million views and more and more people are agreeing with his take on the virus ....

Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai's video was posted on Facebook by a very successful business man in St.Catharines , an old friend of mine  .

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanhatesthis/youtube-anthony-fauci-deep-state-coronavirus

4 minutes ago, smerchly said:

A father took his 3 boys to an empty parking lot to give them some exercise ....mall was closed so no cars in the lot . The risk to others was zero .  Dad was being reasonable in knowing that . Fining him $880 was not reasonable and will hurt the family . Maybe they'll end up at a food bank depending on their finances ....and have 3 kids hating the law . "Social distance"  we get it , make it 10 feet not 6 , most would be okay with 10 feet .

This video on You Tube has got over 6 million views and more and more people are agreeing with his take on the virus ....

Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai's video was posted on Facebook by a very successful business man in St.Catharines , an old friend of mine  .

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanhatesthis/youtube-anthony-fauci-deep-state-coronavirus

Clearly an example of a ridiculous fine! 

I think the reason our government has made a large majority of the “social distancing “ rules, is to protect us from the stupid people who just don’t get it!

Last weekend my neighbour had a birthday party with a yard full of people! 

And there were kids reaching through the fence to pet my dog! For those that don’t know, mammals can carry the virus. Some people’s lack of brain power amazes me!!

Not signing that either. But the all spots named will be gong shows guaranteed. I would expect local municipalities to have law enforcement step up patrol if not block off the known hotspots. That being said, to delay the start of season is just crazy. The opener weekend is for most a tradition or a get together more than a hardcore fishing day. If I hit any of the known spots i wait until midweek after opener many of the creeks are dead. On opener weekend I have 2 small tribs already planned out where I can hike for miles and chances of running into anyone is slim to none. It's up to us to use common sense, fish alone and distance ourselves but it can be done.. 

12 minutes ago, RJR said:

Good to read

Read it in the T.O. Sun as well ......   Copy that to your cell phone and  if hassled by "authorities"  read the riot act to him/her .

33 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Read it in the T.O. Sun as well ......   Copy that to your cell phone and  if hassled by "authorities"  read the riot act to him/her .

You will get a ticket if you pull that one Smerch.  Fact.  If you attempt to berate/lecture/question them, the mandate is to issue the ticket because of obstruction, basically you have impeded their "investigation".  That is not a mandate to the police but to at least one of the other arms that have the right to issue a ticket in these times, Health Inspector, Bylaw, MNR, etc.  Is this mandate for the Niagara Region?  I won't say which region, but at least one of them has this mandate and if they go that route, good luck winning to not pay the ticket.

4 minutes ago, Snags said:

If you attempt to berate/lecture/question them

I thought we had the right to state why we were there .....if we haven't a right to question authority then we do not have freedom of speech or a free democratic country .

Archived