Ice conditions

Ted

Out there as well. Yesterday was ok. Went solo,and caught 14 perch, only kept 8 decent ones. Todsy took momma and we got 4 and took 2 good ones home. So a little meal at least between 2 days. We were close to the 1000' both days. Just great to get out👍😁

2 hours ago, fishingking said:

I was out with my daughter in dain around the 1000 marker and me and my daughter only caught 5 perch and 50 or so smelts...well she caught most of the smelts cause i had a tiny little micro jig with just the tail of a minnow they were biting 6 ft down.

I would like to catch a dozen or so smelts . I caught some last year and added them to the few small perch to make a nice meal . I have a super light rod ready for smelts . Last year I used small trebles tied like a drop shot with a light weight on the bottom as they were down 30 '...but I slowly raised my line and could see them about 6' from the ice. 

I will be there tomorrow ...a little cold but I have a little heater for my Eskimo ....(green colour) 

Cold but sunny. I find sunny days are the best days for Rec Ice fishing. Visibility is huge. I was fishing cpl yrs ago, when we started the bite was good then the water clouded up and the bite stopped and we noticed slight current. We stepped out of the hut and noticed they had drop the water over the cpl hrs we were fishing.  Didn’t have another bite that day or the next

Archived