New to kayak fishing

Tyler0420

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone fish the upper Niagara in their yaks? I’ve seen people cruising the shorelines and heading up the creeks but I’m talking drifting out in the river for trout/walleye bottom bouncing. 

I have fished the upper many times in fort Erie  between the two bridges in my boat but never in a kayak. I can’t see an issue on the Canadian side but towards the middle and American side the current would be difficult in a yak.

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

How’s the walleye fishing on the upper this time of year?

I have not been for a longtime but usually this time of year is real good depending on the water colour. When the wind stirs up the lake and blows it in the river the fishing slows down. If I was closer I would drop the yak in and give it a shot but not sure if it’s really worth the trip. I can tell you the bass walleye and perch fishing are all very doable in the kayak on Lake Erie. We will definitely venture out for sure. Throw in a few drum for fun always make for a good time.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:05 AM, Mbocco said:

I load mine nose first into my RAV4 and the last couple feet and the rudder hangs out the back. 

Let’s tentatively consider next Wednesday. 

Looks like next week is a write off for me. Work changed my schedule and want me back on days. Tomorrow looks beautiful out. I’ll be somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

Looks like next week is a write off for me. Work changed my schedule and want me back on days. Tomorrow looks beautiful out. I’ll be somewhere. 

Good luck!

Archived