New Hunter today

Well today my 12 year old Son became hunter. He successfully completed the one stop hunting/firearms coarse at Silverdale Sports Club and can now legally hunt with me and purchase his own gun under my supervision. The folks out at Silverdale like most firearms instructors are good people. They know our heritage is under attack so they want everyone to pass. If your thinking of getting your PAL do it. It is a great learning experience.

Think you know everything about the outdoors? I learned allot from John Kellaway and some more again just sitting in class with my Son with Doug Miller. If you need special attention you'll get it because these instructors depend on their success rate. So don't be intimidated. If a 12 year old can do it :dunno: ok if I can do it :P so can you.

Proud Daddy

Dan B):D

:dunno:B):D to Dustin, way to go buddy.

Dan now you have a built in starting to be fishin pro, and a hunting partner as well..if he takes to target practice like he has been fishin...you got some serious competition man :P

Congratulations Dustin and Dan. It's great to see young people become involved in hunting. Most would rather sit in front of a video screen. Hunting can be a very physical activity at times but after seeing Dustin help at the walleye pond I'm sure he's looking forward to his first fall hunting.

John

Way to go Dustin !! I was 15 when I got my first 20 gauge Cooey single shot gun . On my first outing ,I got me a wabbit not 200 yds from where I am right now !That bunny became a nice tastey pie the next day ! B) . I am running a little low on moose steak......a turkey would hold me over..... :Gonefishing: Congrats Dustin , it's a lot tougher to get a licence these days which is a good thing !

Hey chilli try to get your boy into deer hunting.... he will hate and find it boring until a 200 pound buck walks under his tree ...then you will never get him out of that tree LOL

Archived