perching today

joe

hi everyone .... couldnt sleep last night so pauline and myself decide to

go perch fishing locally . got set up and the fishing is really slow , then about

8am. all these terns come flying through in a big group towards the shallows

never seen so many hitting the water at the same time :D so off we go

moving to where the birds are dive bombing the minnies , and sure as that

we are in the perch hot and heavy . one after the other , couldnt keep them off

the lines . some real big girls too!! 14inch but most where 10-12 inch fish

we lost count after about 120 fish :huh: didnt think they would hit so well

in this HEAT but what a day :lol: we ran out of minnies by noon . and headed

home to do some filleting . fresh perch for din din tomorrow , to tired to eat tonight :lol:

joe and pauline

Guest fishstick

:blink:

Holy moly Joe 'n' Pauline....I wasn't aware that the bite was so good right underneath the Burlington Skyway.

With all the cormorants buzzing around, you'd think that they'd be few and far between.

:dunno:

Great post, I can only hope that people don't catch wind of this. Then the location would be known to just about everyone.

<_<

hey gord .... who you calling OLD <_<:dunno:

oh yea :blink: we found them on the outside

but right up in the shallows , cant be all that shallow

either . fish were really cold to the touch ! none of

those black ugly ass vultures around just terns diving

for minnies .look for the birds and you"ll find the

perchies ;)

I am gonna have to join you guys some time for the hot action,although I am not much of a "catch my dinner" kind of angler, and more like to try and catch somehting big, no matter what that something big might be, nothing like a day where the action is hand over fist and you don't even have time to put your rod down between bites <_<

jack anytime buddy , your always welcome our friend :blink:

pauline would have fresh fish for dinner everyday if i let her

we put back most of the days catch , but WE love fresh perch !!

you"d love the big largies and big pike in that area too!

we even saw one women catch the largest bowfin ive ever seen <_<

what a blast . never know what your gonna hook up with lol

Hey Joe.....took your advice .....found the birds , & they crapped on me !! <_< I went to Port this am & forgot my minnow net icon2.gif. ...and minnows were there ! I fished with a blue fox spinner bait with a yellow bucktail & nabbed 2 smallies about a pound each in the fast water . Lots of people fishing the piers today ....too zooy for me ..... :blink:

hey smerchly ... lol thats supposed to be GOOD LUCK buddy <_<:blink:

hardly anyone out down this end of the pond . most times through the week

you have the place all to yourself ;) and we have our little crick to net all the

emerald shinners that you could ever use . we put them in the fridge for the night

and get them super charged for the next morning :dunno:

Guest canadadude
Hey Joe.....took your advice .....found the birds , & they crapped on me !! <_< I went to Port this am & forgot my minnow net icon2.gif. ...and minnows were there ! I fished with a blue fox spinner bait with a yellow bucktail & nabbed 2 smallies about a pound each in the fast water . Lots of people fishing the piers today ....too zooy for me ..... ;)

Hey Smerch you drove right past me today and didn't stop to day Hello :blink: ...... your right about the zoo on the pier I got a nice 3lb + smallie on my 2nd cast and then my spot was invaded :dunno: so I tried it on the east wall for awhile and got a couple little guys!!! sounds like Joe has a sweet perchy spot,it was busy all over Port today think I'll go and stuff my Yapper with Ribs down at the Ribfest :lol::lol: ..............emmmmmmmmmmmm.....ribs

sorry Dude , didn't see you .....prob.had my windows closed , so I didn't hear you either .I went searching for minnows but forgot my bloody net !!!! Hope you enjoy those ribs Dude......my next door neighbour just got back ....he is the lead singer in the band called Under the Sun . We get to hear them practice FREE ! :rolleyes:

Archived