Lake Erie today

durkin09

Fished lake erie today at a favourite spot. Good fishing early in the morning but died after 10. Managed probly a dozen 2-4 lb'ers. The second one weighed 4.1 on the digi, nice fish. We were pre-fishing for the Dofasco Angling Club derby on the 11th and 12th of this month. 5$ per person lake erie waters only, if your interested tickets can be bought at Bill's Bait in Hamilton. First prize is $500 for biggest bass, second is $250 and third $125. Draw prizes as well. Also got a nice jumbo in 40 fow 7km's offshore :Gonefishing: needless to say he's in my freezer. Good fishing.

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

WOWEE .....those bass look huge to what I have been getting lately....They look like they are over 5# ....better check those scales :Gonefishing: When I was your age there was a size limit on smallies ....can't remember what it was , maybe 10 " .....anyone older than 60 remember ??? (back in the 50's)

Up into the late 60's bass 10" and pickerel 12" and a bottle of Wilson's ginger beer was a nickel. I remember that only too well cause I was selling minnows to the tourists at a nickel a piece to pay for the pop :Gonefishing:

Archived