Lake O Tonight

durkin09

Got out on the lake fishin' by 5pm with Bowen. Putting out the second rod and it goes off, fish on, a big laker. Trolled around from 120-250 fow 'till 9ish. Went 6-8 with a bow and the rest king's. Biggest was about 25 and the other one 20, one 10 or so and the rest shakers. Awesome night, it was my first time out in the boat with Bowen and now I know what people mean, he knows his stuff! Put us on fish all night. Thanks again buddy, good fishing.

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

Nice going Durkin ..........Bowen never ceases to amaze me ! He is also a great ice fisherman and he keeps right after them by moving around to different spots until he gets them . Those are beauty lakers , nice chop on the water .....How do they fight this time of year ....still want to hug the bottom like a tank ? You and Bowen make a great team....glad you guys had a good day out there ....congrats !!! :Gonefishing::lol:

It was good toget out with you Paul i had a Blast. You think that is Choppy smerch? today we got blown off by 8 footers i went out to the fishing grounds and turned around because i couldnt sea over the next wave. All the big charters even cancelled today.

Bowen

It was good toget out with you Paul i had a Blast. You think that is Choppy smerch? today we got blown off by 8 footers i went out to the fishing grounds and turned around because i couldnt sea over the next wave. All the big charters even cancelled today.

Bowen

Not everyone was smart enough to head in. Managed to stay off P.D. until 1:00 today with only 4 fish on. One bow, 2 small kings and a 20lb laker. Plenty of shakers hitting and not even releasing on riggers or dipseys. Just a few head shakes and off to never-never-land.

Sure was tough keeping the water out of my 16 footer while maintaining a semblance of a controlled troll.

All of the current reporting on lake conditions were out to lunch. I purposely checked at 3:30 this morning and the buoy in the western basin indicated waves of .7 FT. By the time I hit the open lake the rollers were 4 to 5 feet with a 6 footer thrown in periodically. Can't figure that one!

I will S@#% myself the day I catch fish that big...

That's how I felt when I caught a 15lb pike at Jumping Caribou Lake....not too far from Lady Evelyn lake. That pike is now mounted over my fireplace.

Oh, yes, those were some nice fish you caught, Durkin. Looks like it was a great day on the water.

Archived