Dofasco Bass Derby

durkin09

The annual Dofasco Angling Club Bass Derby is this weekend on Lake Erie. The weigh stations are nanticoke and austion park (knights beach). We were out on the water by 5am and the action was hot for about an hour and a half. We bagged most of our big fish for the day in the first hour. Then it slowed down and only got the occasional smallie. Landed probly 25-30 smallmouth with probly 7 or 8 over 4lbs. Good first day, I had the biggest smallie at 5.00lbs which was the leader of the derby when we left. My buddies in my boat with me got ones 4.26 and 4.20 which were good for second and third so far. The tournament is far from over but hopefully mine can hold out for some cash. First is $500, second $250 and third $125. Overall a good first day and we'll be back at her tomorrow weather permitting. Will be sure to post the results of the tournament.

My biggest - 5lbs

DSC00451.jpg

Mike's biggest - 4.26

DSC00452-1.jpg

All the fish we entered - all over 4lbs

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

Nice bunch of bass ....hope your 5 # holds out , unless you can up it some more ! The lake had a perfect chop but it looks like it died down later . Lots of luck guys !

Durkin, way to go man, I have seen lots of your posts and fishin pics, i am sure ya got what it takes to put em in the boat :Gonefishing:

I hope you take home some cashola

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard about the winning weight or seen a picture.

A friend of mine who has a trailer up at Austin Park told me today that the winning fish was just over 8 pounds and that ther is a picture posted up at the park.

This sounds unbelievable to me, but I have not heard or seen anything official.

Guest UglyFish

congrats on the fish man... hope it holds up as winner. i get to make my first trip on to erie fdor some smaller in sept. i;m totally excited for, hope i get lucky enough to land a few like the ones u got!

Were those fish released alive?

The annual Dofasco Angling Club Bass Derby is this weekend on Lake Erie. The weigh stations are nanticoke and austion park (knights beach). We were out on the water by 5am and the action was hot for about an hour and a half. We bagged most of our big fish for the day in the first hour. Then it slowed down and only got the occasional smallie. Landed probly 25-30 smallmouth with probly 7 or 8 over 4lbs. Good first day, I had the biggest smallie at 5.00lbs which was the leader of the derby when we left. My buddies in my boat with me got ones 4.26 and 4.20 which were good for second and third so far. The tournament is far from over but hopefully mine can hold out for some cash. First is $500, second $250 and third $125. Overall a good first day and we'll be back at her tomorrow weather permitting. Will be sure to post the results of the tournament.

My biggest - 5lbs

DSC00451.jpg

Mike's biggest - 4.26

DSC00452-1.jpg

All the fish we entered - all over 4lbs

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

wow that's one heck of a smallie, the only ones even remotely close to that size that saw my boat this year(around 7lbs) was before bass season even opened ;)

wow that's one heck of a smallie, the only ones even remotely close to that size that saw my boat this year(around 7lbs) was before bass season even opened ;)

I hear ya jack, those smallies josh and I boated were huge but def no 8lbs : :(:P

Archived