Weekend fishing with the kid(s) open to all

Smokin Joe

Joey and I got out for about an hour last night to port robinson last night for a quick fish. I wound up catching some rockbass and one small pike. This morning we took a trip down to Fort Erie to try the coal docks near the train bridge. Joey got a few rockbass and bluegill, I got skunked :worthy: We didn't take any pics as it seems a little boy was playing with the camera and dad had dead batteries :worthy: It was still great to get out and do some fishing with him.

The little guy had some fun and he probably put a smile on your face, despite the dead batteries. Enjoy every minute of it . They will grow up ever so fast.

:lol:

I'm a new angler and haven't caught much yet but i took my 3 girls 7, 8, 11 yrs) out this weekend off a bridge on Gibson -- they had a BLAST!! They all caught at least two 5-6" fish. my littlest got 4 in a row! She was extatic. They all were.

looking forward to more good times with the kiddies next week.

Newbieangler

Lots of panfish all around Gibson. Also at Martindale pond by the Timmies. It is shallow and loaded with Gills and rockies plus some nice bass. Great for the kids. Have fun.

:lol:

I'm a new angler and haven't caught much yet but i took my 3 girls 7, 8, 11 yrs) out this weekend off a bridge on Gibson -- they had a BLAST!! They all caught at least two 5-6" fish. my littlest got 4 in a row! She was extatic. They all were.

looking forward to more good times with the kiddies next week.

Newbieangler

Welcome to the board Newbieangler

It's always good to see new fishers join us ......hope to see more of you NBA . I always have a spare set of batteries , just in case ! The main thing is the kids had fun , and one never forgets their chidhood fishing experiences .

Lots of panfish all around Gibson. Also at Martindale pond by the Timmies. It is shallow and loaded with Gills and rockies plus some nice bass. Great for the kids. Have fun.

Bigugli, do you mean in Port D, by that little plaza on lakeshore rd? near the trail?

thanks smerchly and painter.

TTYL Newbieangler

Walk straight from the parking lot across the lawn to the willow trees. Cast a bobber just past the weeds. To the right toward the grandstand there is a small platform as well.

Walk straight from the parking lot across the lawn to the willow trees. Cast a bobber just past the weeds. To the right toward the grandstand there is a small platform as well.

thanks. I'll be there Sat or Sun with my 3 girls and niece and nephew (if all goes as planned). NBA

Sounds like you are making some wonderful memories, not only for you but for your kids... well done!

Look forward to reading the next post, where they are holding up all the fish they caught with huge smiles on their faces!

Cheers,

Jen

About the pond at the grandstands.........There are about 6 steel posts in the water on the same side as the grandstands .There is a cable attached to each post which runs a few feet off the bottom towards each lane for the rowers . Even a float can hang up on the cables , so I would be careful of the cables , especially if you hook a nice fish . The opposite side is free of cables , but you need to throw your lines over over the weeds that line the shore . I would use a float .....water is about 10' deep just beyond the weed line . Good luck .

Guest UglyFish
thanks all, i'm on my way out there now... will let you know how it goes

i just got home from there. pretty uneventful day for me, 1 pike off a spinnerbait was all i managed. fellow on the platform was fishing for carp and got a couple nice ones

had a great day with the kids yesterday. The kids caught many fish, all way under 1lb of course. But they had fun. I'd post pictures but i can't seem to get them off my camera with the new computer. I'll post when I fix the problem. Thanks to all for the wonderful advice. It really helped make their day. NBA

had a great day with the kids yesterday. The kids caught many fish, all way under 1lb of course. But they had fun. I'd post pictures but i can't seem to get them off my camera with the new computer. I'll post when I fix the problem. Thanks to all for the wonderful advice. It really helped make their day. NBA

Just in case most new camera's will show up as storage devices, so you don't need to worry about the software. Just plug them in and most new computers will find them as storage devices. Just thought it may help :blush:

Archived