somewhat different perch mission

joe

hello boys and gurls ... pollie and i have been perching for the last week or 2 with

amazing results :D loads of big and BIGGER fish being caught daily at different

locations . but today was the weirdest day of all !!! :rolleyes: we couldnt get any eater

sized perch today , instead of throwing back lots of dinks ... it was throwing back

all these HUGE momma"s

yes thats what we said HUGE perch , we couldnt believe what was going on today

as soon as the minnies were hitting the water BANG, damn things never even hit

the bottom and perch on ;). 1#ers were common but we were looking for some

perch to hit the HOT oil in beer batter not these egg laden girls , so back they went :o

one of these girls would have made a great mount , but who has the $$$ for a skin mount

these days :P not us .

we brought 32 home for a fish fry and that took us all day to catch some decent sized ones

never had this problem before but is sure was FUN :rolleyes::lol:

a pic of some eaters , cant post the big girl pics as it would give away the location :P

Perch1.jpg

When you're having a day, you're having a day. You just gotta love when that happens.

Seems strange to be complaining that the fish were too big! But I know what you mean. Gotta leave the sows alone.

hey good fishin, sounds like you 2 had a blast..that's funny about the having a hard time keeping the big ones off...been there had simular experiences...tries a spot before at my camp just to peg a couple walleye to eat..was only looking to keep 2-3 fish tops for a little fry....tried a spot, in about 1/2 hour me and another guy got over 20 smallies..decent sized too, then we laughed at oursleves cuz we where complaing about catching so many bass :Gonefishing::lol: That's a nice pair in the pic ^_^:o:lol:

if you get a huge one you want mounted, I will do it for ya...that will give me a good excuse finally for our good ole pal Smerch to give me a couple extra hands on pointers on doing one up,something I have been wanting to do for a while..just never kept any fish to do it with this year

Hey , nice going Pollie & Wally ^_^ .....I have another perchie dinner comming up real soon .....They are comming in slowly to our :Gonefishing: grounds . A few days of frosty weather should get them moving here in the banana belt. Minnows are a little stubborn to show their faces but a few gizzard shad are ending up in our nets . Joe......if you get a perch worthy of a mount , put it in a green garbage bag , roll it up & protect the tail from breaking & I'll break in JWL to do a skin mount for you ....a perch is a good fish to practice on ! :lol: Don't worry about the colour , it can be painted pink if you like ...... :lol:

if you did keep a big one for the wall, take a picture of it so that I have somehting good to go by when painting it up, to try and get the colours as close to the "real" fish as possible, and the markings ect..

Sometimes , when the water gets murky , the fish will lose a lot of the natural colour to blend in with the water and bottom . I've caught perch & rock bass for example that look "bleached out" ......something like smallies turning a light yellowish green in a live well etc. Sunlight will cause a fish to change colour quickly also . .....so don't think a fish is not worth mounting if it's not a pretty as the norm .....it can be painted to your liking .....hell , you can even paint an eye to look like a perch I heard ! :Gonefishing:

I have lots of fishing related articles and pics to go by incase of somehting like that, pretty handy with a paintbrush, and also have access to an airbrush as well...just need a few pointers on the actual preserving/mounting part

[ :( That's a nice pair in the pic :angry2::(:(

hey jack i like that pair too!!! but they got a little sunburnt :angry2::(

its much better than looking at the OLD smerch guy forsure :(

ya guys some of those biguns we caught were mounting quaility

the biggest was pollies , a 2 #er at least and would love to get one

done for her on a nice piece of driftwood .

hey bigugli.... we have got to get you down here for some good perch action one of these days

our friend. eat a few of these fish and you dont need glow in the dark spoons :angry2::angry2::(

nuclear perchies

rockfish we lost a good sized pike down there on wed. we are using 4lb line and small hooks for perch

so not much chance of getting them in !!! we was thinking of getting ole jack down here to get rid of a

few of those fish munchers for us :( we saw one on a digi scale a few weeks ago that went over 18#

big water big fish :(

Archived