crappie heaven

joe

well folks ..... we drove up to visit today at his shop and he told us about

this nice little spot for crappies . after shooting the chit for about an hour , getting caught

up on whats been happening . we head off to this crappie spot and man did it produce .

being old and crippled up i missed the first two good hits , then 2 solid rockies :blink:

pauline says HEY quit fooling around and catch a real fish will ya !!! :blush: crap i am trying

is my reply :lol:

i put another minnie on an just throw it float and all in the water at my feet to light a smoke

and BANG fish on ! RIGHT IN TIGHT TO SHORE THEY WERE :blink: who"d of thunk it :o

all nice big slabs not a dink in the bunch . floats about 5 foot up right in tight to shore , no

more than 10 foot out and we couldnt have kept them off . even with a very lite rain it just

seemed to turn them on even more :D we brought home 32 nice big boys , cant wait to see

them floating in HOT OIL beer battered of course YUMMY

thanks its great being able to share a few spots that produce buddy ;)

our perchin spot is really getting good now, hoping that you 2 can come down

soon for a days fishing and fish fry soon

thanks again old bean :blink::lol:

Hey Joe & Polly....nice going ! Crappies are a riot to catch on light gear ! Who got the biggest......nevermind....think I know ! :blink: I see you like to do them in Budbatter ! There was a cooking show on TV yesterday ......Sandy told me about the guy using beer batter and he said to stop the fish from sticking to the bottom & each other.......hold the fillet with tongs for a few secs .in the oil until it starts to crisp over , then drop it in .....and don't crowd the fillets . It makes the din din presentation look all the more appetizing ! Good on ya Joe & Pauline ! :blink:

Nice Job on the Crappies. Steve sure knows where those crappies are hiding. We are getting close to my favorite time of year when the crappie and perch put the feed bag on. I haven't had any crappie yet this year!! I think I know what Ed and I will be doing this weekend!!

Guest Rockfish

Smerch u didn't take time to watch Bruce in action with his honey brown beer battered fish at his fish fry, he was cooking like a real pro and no stick ! :blink:

Nice going on the slabs Joe and Pauline, I might take a look soon and see how many Pike are hanging around that perch spot. :blink:

sorry guys , just realized we didnt take any pics :blink:

but i guess its getting pretty old.... panfish pics anyway :blink:

yes its a great time of year to be outdoors doing what we love

getting a feed or 2 and some for the freezer, WINTER will soon be

on us .

Way to go guys, I hear you were down and wondered how you did... I think I am going fishing with you soon, as my catch ratio's haven't been as good these days...

Enjoy the meal or three...

cheers

Jen

thanks guys .... hey jen we hope you guys can make it out too!! ;)

its just getting into fall fishing time with these cooler temps at nite

gotta love that cold air in your lungs and a good feed of fish with good

friends :D

Archived