MNR on-line renewal

Ola

Okay. This is a bit weird but I'm not sure if it is me or the rest of the world. I got my Outdoor Card renewal in the mail today and I rushed right down to the computer to try and renew it online as they suggested. It wouldn't load for the longest time then when it did it wouldn't let me get a new card+1 year licence. Only option was a 3 year+new card or the card alone. So, I email the MNR and ask why this is happening.

Their reply (which was prompt, I'll give them that) was that I can't renew for 1 year online until the last week of December (2-3 weeks till card arrives in mail, mind you, and we all just KNOW there will be ice by New Years!! and I will be at home waiting for my new card) Apparently, the reason I can't renew for 1 year until the last week is that "it doesn't become valid until Jan 1". But, doesn't a 3 year renewal also become valid Jan. 1? So what is the difference?

It does give me the option of spending $5 online for a new card with no sticker, making them mail that to me and then me rushing to a store to get a new sticker, making me wonder why I would even bother with the online credit card stuff at all.

So...

is it just me?

or, does that make no sense at all? :(

Good. I'm not the only one confused about this. I thought I was having a blonde moment when I tried the same thing.

When we had the store , we never got our stickers and temp licenses till the 2nd last week of December so, I guess they're trying to encourage people to buy a three year card. Who knows what their logic is - after all, it is the government.

I will be 65 ,first week of March . So , I'll need a licence for 3 months .....and my wife will be 65 in mid. January . Can I get a 1 year card & fishing sticker ? Do seniors need to carry a card after 65 to prove they are an Ontario citizen etc ?

I will be 65 ,first week of March . So , I'll need a licence for 3 months .....and my wife will be 65 in mid. January . Can I get a 1 year card & fishing sticker ? Do seniors need to carry a card after 65 to prove they are an Ontario citizen etc ?

The only I.D necessary would be your driver's license. Has proof of residency and D.O.B.

So in 3 months you get to officiallly get to change your name to Papa Smerch? :lol:

Yes you can get a one year sticker. Regulations say that you need your birth certificate to prove you are 65. I asked about this and was told that they would accept my seniors card which the government issues.

Yes you can get a one year sticker. Regulations say that you need your birth certificate to prove you are 65. I asked about this and was told that they would accept my seniors card which the government issues.

If you have to be a senior to get a senior's card (I assume you have to prove your age) why wouldn't the MNR accept this? Heck, they don't expect any kind of proof to get a fishing license, why would they require proof of age if you're past 65 and have a government issued senior's card??????

:worthy: I received the same renewal application in the mail, and was also surprised with the 3 year renewal option....I don't want to renew for 3 years, because I'm afraid that I might drop dead in that time..............I've always renewed for one year, from Canadian Tire............................

Well-forget about the outdoors card. I just spent all my loose change on an ice cube hut to go along with the surprise aqua-vu santa is bringing me. woo doogy! now I just need some ice.

(I just hope the kiddies will be understanding when they find out on Christmas morning that all we could afford for them, after my presents, was some underwear.) :Gonefishing:

Archived