Was cold out there today

durkin09

Hooked up with a friend and his buddy to do some fishin' in his boat today. 18F when we launched, pretty chilly. Slow at first but then we found the drift and got into the fish. Saw jwl, cliff and hellfish there in jwl's boat, we left before them but they hadn't gotten any when we left. Had a bad average today though, went 6 for 11. I lost a big one that I never saw, just spit the hook during some head shakes. Ended up 5 browns and one bow. Good fishing though considering how cold it was. Here's a few we kept.

PortDalhousieDec152007003.jpg

PortDalhousieDec152007002.jpg

PortDalhousieDec152007001.jpg

hey Durkin, you guys thawed out yet???? :o well our average was 1 for 6 today for my boat after all, we finally got a fish in the boat...Cliff got a brown...I lost 3 fish :lol: Hellfish lost at least a 10lber right by the boat do to line trouble :o .

Tough day out there, man was it cold...when we launched, my boat was actually frozen to the trailer, took a few seconds to get it off, and talk about wind-chill, the first time we dropped my bowmount and pulled it up to move up for the next drift, it froze stiff and wouldn't go down ;) , some monkeying around and silicone spray later no prob, get it down and decided to keep it down for the day.

Within seconds of pulling the boat out of the water, water on the side of the boat was frozen. One spot was pretty hot that's where we hooked all of our fish pretty much. You didn't miss much after Durkin, they shut the current off we took a couple more drifts...Hellfish lost another little bow, then we decided to call it a day.

Was still a pretty good time out there,all part of the winter fishing adventure that makes everything a little harder for the day..have to warm up the boat for a few minutes before pulling from the dock,hard to tie lines with numb hands...ice on the guides, you know the drill..and always a little longer putting the boat away when ya get home. Ahhh I love winter trout fishin :dunno: , lots more season left...we just needed it to be lots warmer with a less brutal wind chill...besides it was already plan B for the day anyways, thanks for the good time again guys..days like that are good for ya...builds character :P and after all makes us all better anglers...if ya can get into fish when the conditions suck...you know when it's hot you can put 20-30 fish in the boat between a couple guys

Guest canadadude

Good for you guys :worthy::worthy: .....I got up this am turned on the weather channel, stuck my head out the door :o and immediatly headed back to the confines of my warm bed :lol: ......not into the extreme trouting yet :P;):) ......congrats on the fish you deffinitly deserve them :worthy:

Archived