Is this rain good?

Dan Andrews

Hey it's raining cats and dogs in Fort Erie. Judging by the traffic cams it's just as bad in St Kitts. So what do you think? Do we need it, can we handle it, is it spoiling the holidays?

Here's a thought if the rain has you down. The Great Lakes are wayyyyy down. The wind is ruining the River right now anyway so in my opinion this rain is well overdue. I hate rain when it's cold and would much rather have most of the rainfall in the summer months. If only I could dam up the back yard so that when the cold returns, I'd have a nice rink. Anyway bring it on! We really need it.

So there's supposed to be some cold and lake effect coming to Fort Erie. I hope we all get a piece of it for Christmas morning just for the sake of the kids. If not just explain their environmental actions today may dictate the weather tomorrow and if they want a white Christmas for future holidays, conserve, reduce your footprint and encourage others to do the same :worthy:

the rain is good by me, keep the road way and ramps open for some winter steelie fishin to top of December, and get max use out of the 2007 fishing liscence :worthy:

As long as it doesn't freeze up to bad so everyone can be safe in thier holiday travels, and stops long enough so that the river isn't spent again for another week..it's all good

we had a green Christmas last year too..here is a pic from Dec 27th

294355664.jpg

It is WINTER already !!!! Rain rain , go away ....see ya in April ...OK ???? Sheesh ....get with the times Chills......do you want Santa to come via ATV ? I'd rather see deer tracks ....small footprints :worthy: All this rain won't raise the lakes 1/16 th of an inch......but will put a few thousand tons of salt water into it .....

JW ....put that boat to sleep and put on the skates !I'm sure we can show you how to exercise those muscles, hand augering holes for us ! :worthy:

What a bunch of wusses ....... :)

We need the precipitation in any form. Rain sure is a bummer before Xmas.

Of course, 1" of rain equals 10 inches of snow. 6" of rain equals 5' of the white stuff.

One Christmas in the Sault it was green until the 25th. Starting that morning for 2 weeks straight we got 4" of lake effect snow every night. That was in 82 or 83.

As a kid I don't ever remember having a green Christmas. Experienced the first one in Toronto in the 70's

Guest canadadude

This rain is just fine :) .....not much we can do about it anyway <_< , it may bring in a fresh run of trouties :) ,it may dirty the water up :lol: , it could bring lots of baitfish :) , it sucks for making ice :( , it gets all that heavy snow off the ice :) ........Like the ole saying goes is the glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty :P:blink::huh:

How do you like all that nice white stuff Dude ? :) Boy, it really came down hard last night !!!! The temp. dropped from 50F to 27F in about 8 hrs.yesterday. And the PLOW went passed twice this morning !!!!!

Dude , I hope you get some snow tires from Santa ......you might need them :blink:

About that half filled glass .............If you poured the milk <_< into it , then it's only half empty.........If someone else left it there , it's still half full !!! Enjoy the rest of it !! :huh:

Was in the falls last night for dinner. They were having a heavy dump complete with black ice , spinouts, whiteouts. Our end got a lot less than the falls. Still spent 3 hours shovelling this morning. Gotta work on them auger muscles. :)

got like 1cm in the North end, I still see the grass :huh: ........ the white stuff hasn't slowed me down yet :)<_<

LOTS of vitamins in that milk dude........you will need them for drilling lots of holes .

Bruce we got hammered last night ....looks like about 4" on the grass that was bare yesterday . I saw the red line on the radar & it hit the west side of St. Cath. like a whiteout for about an hour or more . I have some shovelling to do .......there goes the plow again .....4 th time today !!!!! Sparks comming from the blade !!!!! :blink:

I am still trying to get the best of both worlds here...lets see, as long as the path if navigable...I have some favorite river shore trashing spots...as long as the boat ramps and roads going to them are relatively clear, I plan on doing some troutin in the boat...and then..finally after all that when we get enough hardwater some where....I will have some fun doing that as well, and perhaps later in the season when the water is good and hard, a couple of us can head up to my camp for a crack at some pike and eyes :Gonefishing: , then it's spring time and time for pike fishin again :Gonefishing: ..ahhhh gotta love the 12 months a year fishin we have

Archived