new years fish on the saugeen

joe

hi guys ... pauline and i spent new years with some good friends at southampton

on the saugeen river. the weather was just awesome clear and mild :P almost

tee shirt weather, well for some of us anyway :P the river was frozen over in some

places but open in the GOOD spots

PC310864.jpg

PC310842.jpg

the cottages are comfy and very homey

PC310857.jpg

just a little snow on the ground, enough to make it feel like winter

and the bows are in lots and lots of fresh chrome to be had, but man did they

make you work for them :P everyones throwing roe at them so off to the local

store for some shrimp. our favorite go to bait for trout when the guys have been

hitting them with roe

PC310840.jpg

gotta love it when you can fish all year for rainbows, we will be going back up soon

for a fish or 3 . oh btw the sauble was producing lots of fish too!! :blush:

what a great way to start the new year off ! ! !

hey glad you guys had an awesome adventure up there, and got a couple beauty fish,I knew there must have been some good open water up there from what I saw a few weeks ago on my work mission to Tobermory,I passed some nice looking water.

so when we going up there??? :P:blush:

so where ya ummm...Standing at the dock in South Hampton, trying to get to Holland or France, when the man in the Mac said you gotta go back, you know they didn't even give ya a chance... :P:P

or :

She stands upon Southampton dock

with her handkerchief and her summer frock

clings to her wet body in the rain

in quiet desperation knuckles white upon the slippery reigns

She bravely waves the boys goodbye again

Guest canadadude

What a sweet way to spend your new years :P:P ......hey pauline you certainly grabed a good one in joe :lol:.... New years on the saugeen what a perfect treat.....you guys are a match made in gold....it's so nice to see a wonderfull couple enjoying there life together :P HAPPY NEW YEAR from the dude and keep enjoying yourselves maybe in 2008 we'll wet a line together :blush:

Nice-----very nice :blush:

The pic of Denny's dam has a lot more water going over it then I thought there would be.

My prediction for '08----There will be a sudden increase in demand for shrimp, causing many stores to not meet the demand. Prices will skyrocket until only the rich and famous will be able to afford them :P Children will ask "What's a shrimp? Daddy" :P

thanks guys ... its always a good day to be out on the water with my brand new spanking WIFE :)

NO CHILLI she dont spank moi - beat you to it huh :P

pauline loves anything to do with the outdoors , and being near or on the water !

dude we would love to hook up for a fish sometime, now that i have my pain meds sorted out im good to go :P

startin to feel like 2 sixteen year olds :rolleyes::worthy::lol:

gord we will have to make a road trip up that way soon buddy. you bring the shrimps :P

Aw .....sweet 16 !! :rolleyes:

So that's where you two lovers got to ??? Didn't get enough in the Carribean joe ? All that skin made you want to go somewhere to cool off huh ? Man , those steelies are great looking fish guys ! It's nice to see you two are having some fun and have the proper medical help to allow you to enjoy this part of your life and enjoying the things you like to do . How are those new rods & reels working out ....have you been using them yet ? I hope the pics I sent in very large format came through for you .

Looks like you had a great weekend up on the Saugeen. Nice scenery (The landscape weren't bad either), nice company, nice fishies.

You two coming over for the feast?

smerchly ...what can i say, she cant keep her hands off me :P i have never seen so many

nekkid bodies as in the dominican SKIN SKIN for as far as the eyes can see. and believe me

i LOOKED :rolleyes::P:lol: so when in rome , we have got sunburns where the sun should

never shine :) and im still cleaning sand outa ... well you get the picture

going up to southampton for new years was a real treat for

us, spending time with very old and dear friends and fishing on new years day. what better way

to start the year off :P and no we never got the pics :worthy:

bruce we are going to try to make the fry our friend, will be there if the food is as good as last time

complements to the chef :P oh and pauline says thanks for the kind words i like the scenery too! ;)

"i looked" :rolleyes::lol::worthy: ......

You forgot this one Joe ...... :P !!!! looking out for that slap out of nowhere from Polli :) ha ha ha !

I'll send you a worded email to the addy you gave me to see if it goes......then I'll try again with the 5 pics I have in a little smaller format Joe .

Archived