Wind

bigugli

The power of mother nature never ceases to amaze me. Peoples disregard of that power amazes me even more.

I've already been out for the morning walk in the high winds. Beamsville looks like a battle zone. Cardboard and garbage bags floating through the air. Garbage strewn all over the town. It will take days to pick it all up.

I like the people who insist on parking beneath half dead trees on days like this. Pity they did not prune it or remove it. I saw three cars that will need some TLC at the garage for broken windows and dented body parts.

The fellow down the road with the D.I.Y. siding job will get to do it all over as the sheets peel off.

I might go for a ride with the trailer and chainsaw later, a good time to gather free firewood.

ya pretty nasty here too, power was out a big chunk of the night so my little one was up and wanted to sleep in my room...woke to my recycling all over the yard and my neighbours yard...garbage around, and I can't find my minnow bucket :Gonefishing:

Man , that wind is rockin ! Shook the house & bent two of my dead cedars on a 45 degree angle . ....want some cedar wood Bruce ? There must have been some thunder , dog got into the tub last night ! Glad it's not garbage day today ! :Gonefishing:

well it sucks for the fishin...but that wind helped me out big time :Gonefishing:

had to drive my daughter to Hamilton airport this morning...her flight back to Calgary was to leave at 7:15...had alarm set for 1/4 to 4..plan was leave by 4:30 to have planty enough time to get there, check in ect...

Well when I woke up looked at the clock it was 6 am :P my alarm didn't go off :o

scrambled out of bed..got her up grabbed her bags as quick as possible..hopped in the car thinking oh crap...we aren't nearly gonna make it...so average about 140 the whole way(not that speeding is recommended :P ) pull onto Airport Rd at like 5 after 7..oh crap again..parked the car...ran into the airport to the check in..my daughter was lagging behind...lady behind the counter smiles and greets me..asks how I was doing...I explain to her...."not so good, my daughter is supposed to be on the flight leaving in like 5 minutes"..she checks and tells me I was lucky...due to the high winds yesterday the flight from the night before was very late..and that her flight was delayed until 8 o'clock..phhhewwwwww :D

She told me had this been any other day, we wouldn't have been able to do this but because of the big delay the night beofre , the crew is required to have so much of a rest time before they can take off again.

man was I ever lucky, could have cost me a whole other ticket again for her to catch the next flight, letalone hanging around the airport for hours ect, having to find some grub ect....I tell ya what ever powers woke me up at 6 sure helped me out today...and if anything..good oleMa nature helped me out too.....so not so good for fishing plans and the mighty river...but somehting good came out of all that wind...man I am all wound up now, think I need a beer or something

Some people have horseshoes up the *** some have the whole horse :Gonefishing:

Lord knows how many times I've done the panic run after sleeping in. :D

well today I think I had the whole carriage and all :P

Guest Rockfish

It was quite the windstorm with garbage all over and people not securing anything down. Saw on the news that a small plane was flipped on the ground at an airport in Markham I think it was, with 90-100 km/hr winds. :Gonefishing:

Maybe a sign of more weather extremes coming our way.

Guest Rockfish
Can't be any worse than the extreme winds blowing here at ugli acres :D:lol:

Here we go, the sounds of puddle ducks again that me and Smerch had to listen to in the boat for a few days. :rolleyes:

Archived