Help with disposing of deer remains

Hacknslash

Ok here is my dilemma. I live in the city of Hamilton and claimed a deer with a broken leg. We dressed and skinned the deer, now the municipality is refusing to dispose of hide and innards in either our Green bin or regular garbage. Is that insane or what? You would think if ANYTHING is good for the enviroment, it would be something from that very enviroment! Any suggestions on how dispose of it (well besides a dark ride down a county road) would be greatly appreciated!

I would say if the city won't accept it , do like the hunters do when they field dress a deer , let the coyote's ,birds & other critters clean up the remains . Go to a deer hunting area & deposit the remains well into the bush & let nature have a feast .......if that's legal of course........

you may be able to still take the hide to any of the fishing/hunting retail outlets nearby that participate in the Hats for Hides program..not sure if it's too late to do that but, you bring em a hide, you will get a hat out of the deal

That's just plain stupid of the city. Thankfully, I never have a problem with putting 20+ lbs a week of fish guts into the green bucket. I know the boys just hate having to pop open the lid in summer

I dispose of my deer remains in discreet spots on the same farms where I hunt them. This is perfectly legal. The coyotes do the rest.

In your case, I feel you have done your best to be conscientious. I would simply bag the remains along with your regular garbage. No one will look in the bag and your action will have no negative environmental effect beyond that of regular household garbage.

Let's put it this way, if the person in charge of waste disposal at the City of Hamilton found himself in the same position as you, there is no doubt in my mind that he'd put the remains in the trash.

Ninepointer

Archived