For Duck Lovers

bigugli

Took a drive along the upper Niagara this afternoon and I am still kicking myself for not having my binoculars with me.

The Hooded Merganser, on the threatened list, were visible enough on the river. Plus two other varieties. A few Scaup, Blacks, Buffleheads, plus a number too far for me to recognize. Maybe in the same family as a bufflehead. A couple of different varieties of goose...

I would have spent the afternoon with my glasses and a camera. Absolutely beautiful.

I think the hooded merganser ( zipper mouth) is an awesome duck ! The upper Niagara is loaded with ducks ,geese ,swans you might even see a bald eagle there . It a bird watchers paradise for sure.

here is a drake hooded merganser found on google images....

HOME33.jpg

bruce ... cool post buddy , our favorites are the wood ducks . lots of them and others down here in our perch grounds

and snow geese are plentiful here too! but i dont like the damn swans to aggressive

At one time I used to hunt duck. Now I only hunt with binoculars, camera, or, occasionaly, a paintbrush.

DSCN1767.jpg

DSCN1768.jpg

DSCN1769.jpg

It has been nearly 10 years since I last tried any painting.

Guest niagarariverpro
At one time I used to hunt duck. Now I only hunt with binoculars, camera, or, occasionaly, a paintbrush.

DSCN1767.jpg

DSCN1768.jpg

DSCN1769.jpg

It has been nearly 10 years since I last tried any painting.

great paintings there bud.. i like em...

judging from the above pic of a drake hooded merganser this winter i have definitely seen a few of those in the parts of decew/gibson that havent iced up

Archived