taxidermist needed

joe

hey guys pauline had the HOTT spot again yesterday and we are need of some advice on a good taxidermist

first fish of the day was a crappie measuring just over 19 inches B) then the biggest perch i have ever personally seen.

it was so funny to see the look on her face when she realized that both of these fish were monsters worthy of mounting :huh:

and i just happen to have a piece of driftwood that i have been hanging on to for just such an occasion, its a funky stump

with long root branches. so off we drive home to get these fish in the freezer and bill i remembered what you said about

protecting the fins so with that done and the fish safely in the freezer, we figure lets go back fishin :angry2: so we get

set back up and BANG dont she hit a big brown , damn now im getting just a little tired of netting her fish :(

all our fish were caught on live minnows in the same spot. who says hamilton aint got no fishin :blink::P

so we have a little coin stashed away soooooo...... im going to get these fish mounted for her and need some advice on which

taxidermist to use ?

thanks in advance a very happy pauline and her tired net man :D

Hello Joe and Pauline congrats on the great catch. Would love to see the pics. By the way Joe you were just being a gentleman to the lady for netting her fish! Way to go

WOW ! Joe , those are nice fish to get mounted ! My pb on crappie is 14" and same for perch . There are some great tax. in the area , like Advanced Tax. who have great artists who use air brush methods to make the fish look alive . Here's a yellow page directory for Ontario ....always best to visit their shop to see their work . Joe , I am in need of a perch feed...... :lol:

http://www.yellowpages.ca/business/ONW/001287000.html

thanks bill ... im thinkin that we just might go with advanced tax.

and sure a feed of perch for a guy like you :lol::D anytime brother

this spot is so cool too, most people walk right on by :lol::lol:

when i saw the size of this crappie i almost chit , the look on paulines

face was priceless. i had to run back to the car to get the net as it was

too heavy to lift up out of the water. 4lb mono and #8 gammie hooks

with shinners are just slaying them right now. we had been casting out

into the open water but they are laying right up tight to the wall. water

is about 15 feet deep and very clear right now

Guest walleye5
thanks anyway sue :lol: hope to see you guys out there too !

jim jackson in hamilton is probably the best around, he wins world championships, hes an artist. very good work.. he is on lower horning road in hamilton.

thanks walleye ... i know jim , went to school with him many moons ago :lol:

my mom still lives a few blocks away from him on whitney ave. i didnt realize he was still there

does he still have all the displays in the basement ?

hey way to go Pauline...atta girl for showin up Joe :lol: sounds like some nice fish...you really need quite the artist to do a crappie really well, I saw once on a log mount about 7-8 crappies on a stringer going around the log..it was one of the coolestmounts I ever saw...you need to looks around if ya can to see some samples of taxidermist,s work..you aren't looking for the kind of guys who can spray paint a salmon silver and add some black dots to it :lol:

The guys who did my musky mount from Cambellford has a tonne of awards and lots of samples and pics to look at..he did a wicked job on the fish..it took about 14 months to get it back, he said it was the biggest one he has ever done...I know you guys aren't gonna bring the fish 3 hours away :lol: , just an example of what you might be looking for..it costs a pretty penny to mount fish,my musky came in at just over 400 bucks, I am sure you want a first class job

WHAT THE ???..... no kudo,s for the guide ?!?! btw it was a lucky guess :lol::lol:

it was one of the only places that had open water to fish so......

ya i hear you on that multi fish mount thats what we really wanted . we have talked to

a few people today and its gonna take between 12-18 months , but thats cool too. we

aint planing on going anywhere soon :lol:

Guest niagarariverpro

advanced taxidermy is the best there is.. why go less.....

congrats on the hog fishies Pauline....

i just figured joe would have wanted to mount those fish right there????????

hey u knew that comment was comming joe....... lol

Ray Robinson in I believe Thorold is awesome....He did a walleye for me a few years back that was wicked....Not sure of his # but I'll try to dig it up....If anyone know Ray or has his # please post it....I need another done

Thanks

Doodle

advanced taxidermy is the best there is.. why go less.....

congrats on the hog fishies Pauline....

i just figured joe would have wanted to mount those fish right there????????

hey u knew that comment was comming joe....... lol

When I was just learning to stuff birds ,small animals & Fish , a neighbour used to think it was caled "under taking ! :P Another guy asked me how much to stuff his wife ......I asked him for her measurements to give him a price.......He said .....36 -24 36 ..........So I said , "Free" :P

And ,like Cliff said , Advanced does beautiful work ....wish I could paint a fish like they do.........

That's strange that they would forget the white end on the tail Corv. You can take a piece of cardboard , about 10" square , cut a small penny size hole in the center , hold the cardboard about 2" away & spray a quick shot through the hole on the bottom tip of the tail . That will keep over spray off the fish. Try a test on another surface first to see how the pattern looks. I do this when spraying small patches on the truck. If you can , show us a picture of your mounted walleye ....always nice to see the finished product .

hi smurf i took it back to advanced painted while i waited never recleared it for 500 dollars crap job i had my 27lb northern done at hawkins in manitoba the teeth look like wood sticks body was painted nice almost 700dollars would not go back

hey corvette1 ... thanks so much bud thats why im asking about WHO to use ?!

and those fish are my wifes catch not mine :mellow: seems im just the damn guide

and net man anymore :unsure: , but she,s worth it brother . best fishing partner

i ever had !

Archived