Kids Day

rick

I just wanted to give a great big " WTG " to the organizers of this years kids derby in Port Dalhousie today. Although fishing was slow and the weather was a tad wet I personally had a blast being a volunteer and measuring some fish for the kids behind the clubhouse today. Here are a few pics that I took today, I'm sure there are more to come.

kidsday001-1.jpg

kidsday010.jpg

kidsday012.jpg

kidsday013.jpg

kidsday014.jpg

I too would like to thank everyone involved in putting on this event once again. :worthy::lol: It was a tad on the wet side a little later and we didn't catch any fish, but still we had a great time. My son was already telling me before we even left that we have to go back next year :)

I'd call that a successful day anytime!!! :worthy:

Plus I took the opportunity to pick up my salmon derby ticket while we were there ;)

:worthy: It is a great yearly event.........My son and I, were already planning our strategy for next year..... Many thanks to the organizers of this derby..............It provides memories, for years to come.............

It was great to see so many smiling faces out at Port despite the weather . The corner Rick was in was where the hot bite was..

There were a lot of NFNer's out there helping or bringing kids out for the day. To all of our friends out there who made the day a success, :worthy::lol::worthy:;):)

THANK YOU!

P.S. A whole slew of pics wil follow.

Getting "hooked" on fishing is far better than being hooked on dope anyday Tommy ......nice of you to introduce your niece to the world of the outdoors . Soon , the fish will be hungry & the kids will have a blast pulling in all sorts of fish ......and in nicer weather too ! ;) I helped with the measuring on the west side this year , but the fish were very unco-operative . I got a few pictures , but Mr.Fog got into my camera , but got a couple shots to add . Many thank you's to everyone who helprd make this possible with the prizes and to all of the people who came in the not so nice weather and put a smile on the kid's faces . To our coordinator of this derby , Dagmar Miller , you are the BEST !!!! :worthy::lol::worthy:

Our M.C. has a special way to bring out those smiles , thanks once again .....great job .

Derby%20MC.jpg

Chili's little peppers ......& Ma Chili coaxing a swan to come closer ......

Derby%2008%20kids.jpg

Archived