This mornings visitors

I was sitting in my living room this morning when the puppy started wimpering at the window. I looked to see what had him going and there were two deer in my front yard grazing on the grass. I've never seen them in this neighborhood and they didn't seem to worried about being here.

SUNP0001.jpg

:rolleyes: Now that's just too cute... nice that you caught such a rare sighting with your camera. When Pete and I go for our early morning walks we sometimes see deer, wild turkeys and such in the fields around my neighborhood. thanks for sharing!

I was sitting in my living room this morning when the puppy started wimpering at the window. I looked to see what had him going and there were two deer in my front yard grazing on the grass. I've never seen them in this neighborhood and they didn't seem to worried about being here.

SUNP0001.jpg

I live in the south end of NF & see quite abit of wildlife.Used to see a few deer across my house in a hydro field until Thundering Waters went in.Still hear the coyotes though

Nice to see deer , but not on city streets Joe. Do you live near the country with lots of trees ? At the SCGFA meeting , Herb was telling us that deer are everywhere in the Niagara area , & we must be on the watch for them after dark . They can do major damage to a car & bodily harm if they crash through your windshield . I saw a deer run through my front yard only a few feet from the window over 25 yrs.ago ......not likely happen again with all the new housing . Thanks for the picture ....Joey would have been happy to see them I'm sure ! :rolleyes:

ya thats not a good thing to see , we get them in our parking lot in the early AM scares the living

chit outa ya sometimes. and we live on a 5 lane street. there are just too many deer around now !

maybe dogs or sumpin scared them into your area streets, i hit 2 going to work one morning and

bye bye car. they sure do alot of damage

more hunters taking more deer would help as man is the top of the food chain, and them there deer are tastey :rolleyes:

an eco system is not heathy unless it has its top predator!

no one wants to say it so i will, we need cougers!!!

I think more of the deer habitat is being destroyed & thats why we see them in strange spots.Cougars ,I don't know about that.If I want to see a cougar I,ll hit a local bar on lundy,s ln.(lol)

Bill I live near Mccleod and Dorchester not much country around but we do have the power canal and chippewa creek not to far from here. I'd be worried about them wondering out into the major roads just blocks away.

I agree ham&eggs lundy's ln is full of cougars. My mom on the other hand had a problem with the previously refered to type attacking her horses. When animal control came out, they told her to shoot it as it should never attack something that large unless something was wrong with it. She had similiar problems with a bear a couple of years ago :rolleyes:

Those deer are probably addicted to the pesticides they are eating off the urban greenways :rolleyes:

Cougars! Thats what I tell the anti's when they say to leave the herd alone and let nature take its coarse. I say OK lets restore nature by throwing some cougars into our parks.

Sad to say but the only way to help the deer is to hunt them to a manageable sustainable level or bulldoze all those houses down and plant habitat. I'd rather see them hunted and eaten then culled and buried.

Those deer are probably addicted to the pesticides they are eating off the urban greenways :blush:

Cougars! Thats what I tell the anti's when they say to leave the herd alone and let nature take its coarse. I say OK lets restore nature by throwing some cougars into our parks.

Sad to say but the only way to help the deer is to hunt them to a manageable sustainable level or bulldoze all those houses down and plant habitat. I'd rather see them hunted and eaten then culled and buried.

I'm O.K. with some judicious bulldozing. I certainly agree about the cougars. Lots of cougars in all the parks :lol: Just means I'll need new glasses, again ,from all the eye strain :rolleyes:

Archived