Fun week, fishing, stocking and kayaking

Well started the week off by going fishing Friday night at Nichols with my Son. Both Friday and Saturday night we went here as we could see the fish swimming around in the minnows gorging themselves without even trying. They'd just open their mouths and the minnows would swim right in by the bucket load.

minnies.jpg

My Son Dustin seems to have the bug. He's become quite the fisherman and even when he can't sink the hook in, he won't give up. I had to honk the horn on the truck then actually start to drive away before he's pull up his line to leave.

persistance.jpg

Dad still gets the biggest fish. I've got to learn that hold where you can't see the fingers when you hold the fish out as far as you can to make it look bigger.

fingers.jpg

Got me a nice gift for Fathers Day

k1.jpg

Tried it once so far. Hit the 6 mile here in FE. The weather has been very wet so I got quite a ways up stream to where we hung some duck boxes. Very beautiful view and some unidentified goslings to boot. Couldn't believe all the works in progress the beavers have done.

Like I said, some really weird weather

skybad.jpg

Hooked up with some of the boys to net and release some walleye fry on Monday. It was great to have some patient guys helping and although we didn't net very many fish, we only lost about 6 compared to around 600 most years. I really have to thank George Watson of Niagara Baits for donating the bait truck for the day. What a difference that made. Here's Bones in his finest outfit.

camojohn.jpg

The release went well but we had some that didn't want to leave the truck so we gave them a helping hand.

fry.jpg

Thanks Corky, John (Bones) and Frank for your help and Jack (JWL) we know you wished you could be there. Sorry you missed out. There's another pull and release in 3 weeks if you want to try again :dunno:

help.jpg

Congrats guys......looks like you had a good year with those fish ......they remind me of silverside minnows by their body profile at that stage ! Yep .....I think Dustin has got the fishermens :dunno: ! ha ha . when I was his age , I went fishing every chance I got & almost always used worms for bait . One thing we got then was big eels which you don't see around today . Port Dalhousie had eels over 4 feet long ........ wonder what Dustin would do with one of those on his line ? :lol:

Those minnows are unreal .......

Archived