bass opener

joe

well people its that time of year again ... so wheres everyone heading for the start of this bass season in ontario ?

we will be hitting our bass hole up at a lake huron trib for smallies again, as we got permission to fish about 300

acres of this same stream from a very nice farmer last year :blush: ! so cleaning up around the spots that you fish has

GOOD benifits, and having polly with me to sweet talk the old guy into letting us fish there was a bonus :P

we got our bait chillin in the fridge ...leaches small gammie hooks with a small split shot drifted along bottom of ceder

lined stream bottom, ya lose lottsa set-ups to the fishing gods but, well worth the trouble !!!

and we made a few offers but with no takers i guess we will beat those smallies up by ourselves again :D

hope everyone has a great opener :o

Hi Joe / Polly

Will definitly be anywhere from upper to lower and everywhere inbetween :blush: ....but keeping it close to home as the fishing here is just as good if not better than going a little north :o

cheers

Black Jimmy

will be at my camp pike,walleye, and musky fishin :D:lol:

catch enough bass heading uot just trying to fish for other stuff anyways :P , I have never been one to get all hyped up about bass opener, I catch hundreds anyways, sometimes 100 bass days, and that's not even really looking for bass, it just happens sometimes while fishing for other stuff, then I stay on a spot and have my fun for a bit before heading on.

some days turn out like this double header where I got 60 in the morning alone

and I am gonna have a hard time beating this largie I already got this year too :o

best of luck to all you bass nuts who been sitting around biting your toe nails off all winter :lol::blush:

Well,

Saturday i will be at port Dalhousie (the light house) on shore fishing with my kids...Sunday i will be at Balsam lake ...I already had about 1lb of leeches in the stock now...Ready to go...

I hope that the open day will be good...cause i have been waiting ...

We are planning a trip to Deseronto .....at our trailer for a few days ....weather permitting.....no use going if it calls for thunderstorms all weekend ....Aluminum boat + water + lightening rods in hand = ZZZZZAAAAAAPPPPP !!!!!!! :o:blush::D NO TANK YOU ! :P

ahhhh smerch wheres your sense of adventure buddy :o:D

ya gonna let a little weather keep ya off the fishes :blush:

just kiddin brother, was fishing bronte creek one time when a storm blew in quickly

and the lightening hit the water, like real close by. couldnt hear for about an hour after

that and the fish where floating stunned for a few minutes. scarey chit !!!

Yer good and right to be afraid of nature's fireworks. A fellow at the cemetary got his backside split wide open like a hot knife through butter, poor bugger. I've had a couple of close calls as well. No Thank You!

well guys , we hope everyone has a GREAT bass opener !!!

i just finished packing the car up with our gear, checked my list

so as NO- thing is forgotten again :unsure: damn every time hahaha

gonna get a couple hours shut eye then off to the FUN :blink:

joe and polly <_<

hey guys our smallie stream once more payed off, it rained hard the whole drive up to lake huron. thunder lightening storm BIGTIME :worthy:

and allot of the water on the trip up looked like chocolate milk so i was getting a little worried about driving all the way up there to find it unfishable

but it was running high real high but clear, so no wading to some of our favorite spots , just shore fishing. paulines first cast snagged up under some

thing then exploded out of the water :) the best bass of the morning a nice plump 5 lber. we caught numerous bass in the 2-4 lb range this

year but nothing really big. the big surprise this year was pauline bringing in a nice fish which was smacked by a huge ski , damn near pulled the rod

right outa her hands and broke her off. its a blast using the ultra-lites for smallies B) we brought enough home for a few good meals.

on the way home we stopped into a spot for some species and man where the buggs ever around with all the rain holy chit we were starting to feel

weak from the loss of blood :worthy: but managed to bring 8 of the little suckers to the net. all in all a wonderfull day fishing with my partner !

we will be going back up soon for another crack at some smallies as soon as the water drops down to wadeable levels. ya gotta love fishing when

your the only people on the water. between visiting friends at southampton and visiting the local festivals been to tired to hook the camera up to the

puter, so no pics yet :worthy: but we will get around to it soon :P

Archived