TIPS LINE WORKING

ROB MCINTOSH

This is a big thankyou to all that have used the TIPS line.It's working, as of the last few weekends 2 undercover blitzzes have laid just shy of 10,000.00$$$$$$ in fines with 57 charges laid. Fines from to many rods,to many fish,gobbies for bait. So if you think the CO'S are not doing their job think again. They have made visits at 2:00 in the morning and shocked the crap out of the anglers that are breaking the law :) thinking they won't show up at that time :D Just to let you all know that if you think that you will get away with no licence,2 rods,or using gobbies for bait, throwing your garbage in the water or just leaving it behind THINK AGAIN It could be the guy standing right beside you that pulls his badge out and say's Is that 20 bass you have caught with the 4 rods you have out with the gobbies on the hook :P then says would you like to try on these nice bracelets I have here :blush: WHAT YOU GONA DO WHEN THE MNR COMES FOR YOU. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. Oh ya don't forget to call because with 45% of fishing infractions in Niagara Area this will bring more attention to the ones that isue the cash to the MNR and it will help to get more CO'S and put more trucks back on the road.P/S just to let you all know that I do keep in touch with the CO'S there will be a press release comming out they are just making sure all the T's are crossed and eyes have dots before it comes out. So don't get your nickers in a twist :P THANK YOU TO ALL THE CO'S INVOLVED AND A BIG THANKYOU TO OUR LOCAL CO :P you know who you are :D Rob

I made the call back in the spring over at beaverdams. I got a call the next day saying they would hang out there and look for him. I gave a complete vehicle description along with a personal description, I was really surprised that they called me back to confirm the info.

This looks very promising , thanks Rob ! We need confidence to know our calls will be noted & there is a good chance of a "catch" . Doc......good idea to get all the info you can like the car & plate number . Is a camera shot legal , or does it infringe on peoples privacy ....some do not like to have their mug shot & could get a little hostile.......

Good to hear, there are too many people out there killing our great fisheries, if the MNR can make enough money to hire a few more maybe they can start watching smaller places like the Welland River and all the little fishing holes that are being emptied. The fish are getting smaller and fewer in a few spots that i used to fish.

Guest canada

Thats great Robbie :lol: .......I was yacking with the local CO the other day myself he told me he's been putting in alot of time and working some strange hours. It's good to here these dudes aren't 9 to 5 er's and do patrol the areas when it's most likely to nab a wrong doer :Gonefishing:

This looks very promising , thanks Rob ! We need confidence to know our calls will be noted & there is a good chance of a "catch" . Doc......good idea to get all the info you can like the car & plate number . Is a camera shot legal , or does it infringe on peoples privacy ....some do not like to have their mug shot & could get a little hostile.......
Hey Bill here you go right from the CO himself via me

Smerchly had a question about taking photos of anglers breaking the law in post #3 (I tried responding but I need to be a member). The answer to his question is that it is perfectly legal to take a photo of a person or people that are in public place and in clear view. That is the legal answer, but in real life one would have to consider the fact that someone who is breaking the law will not want to have their picture taken and may become confrontational or even violent. Pictures make the absolute best evidence (for me to follow up on and for a judge to see in court) but a licence plate along with a description of the person and vehicle is often a good starting point. It would be up to the witness to determine what is the best (and safest) way to get the information (and then pass it on to me or the TIPS line for action). But there is often a second requirement that many don't consider. As an example, if a member of the Port Posse witnesses someone using two lines and is absolutely certain that they saw that same guy carry 10 bass back to his vehicle... in order for me to lay the charges I need that witness to be absolutely certain of what they saw and be willing to testify in court (it rarely goes that far but it could happen). If I can get there in time to witness it myself then it's all good but if the guy leaves, all I have is the statement of the witness so that person must be willing to follow it through to the end if I am to proceed.

Randy Conservation Officer

Lake Ontario Enforcement Unit P/S sorry Rick couldn't get the logo in <_<

A lot of people like being able to call the Tips line and remain anonymous and be no more involved, but that allows many a wrongdoer a way out. As Randy said we, as anglers, must be willing to go the distance to see that the Regs are enforced and give witness in court, if need be. It is still safer than asking a poacher to smile for the camera.

Rob, Thanks for posting Randy's response.

Well , I'm glad I asked !!! Thank you Rob for relaying this info to me (us) and a big thanks to the CO for taking the time to answer this question very thoroughly . I have heard stories from people who were threatened by people who were charged with a crime about testifying against them . Like Bigugli said , we must not let them intimidate us .....they blow a lot of hot air & don't want to become a cell mate..... One thing about camera shots......the cell phone can be a good sneaky way to get in close ......or a good 10X to 18X zoom can be a handy helper to get good solid evidence . And using the video mode can get you pics plus sound ......even better !

This is a great little tool this thing called a web site,It can be trash or it can be usefull.It would be nice if Randy could come here him self to anwser the questions but you all know that can't happen for now and for the reasons why. So I don't mind being the middle man atleast you guys know that if it is asked it WILL get a responce. Also I would like to thank Rick the monkey man for letting some of the posts keep going even when they get a bit heated,we have to realize that some times we should just bite our tongue and watch what we say so some of the newbies can stay into the post without getting pissed off and making a post that may shut it down,along with some of our longtime members as well. This is a great way for everyone to keep informed of what is going on in our fishing ares lets not ruin it. Thanks Guy's & Gal's & Newbies. B)Catfish

Archived