Welland River

fisherchick

hey boys!!

Was just wondering how the Welland River has been looking this year? Was thinking of goin out with the boys Saturday but I hav't beeen there yet this season....anything good? Input is greatly appreciated!

Happy Fishing :worthy:

I was wondering the same thing Fchic......I planned on doing a little fishing there this summer but never found the time . The water would prob. be muddier than usual with all the rains but that shouldn't bother the cats . Hope to see a little feedback from the guys who fish it .

My brother and I have been fishing all over the river, lots of bass. Haven't been skunked yet this season! Actually lastnight my brother and I were out bass fishing and he caught a 1 pound perch! The thing was huge, I added the picture of it. But also aside from bass... we were nailing about 6 carp each outing we had, and lots of cats... 1 walleye and 1 muskie! So the river is doing good for me!

hey boys!!

Was just wondering how the Welland River has been looking this year? Was thinking of goin out with the boys Saturday but I hav't beeen there yet this season....anything good? Input is greatly appreciated!

Happy Fishing :worthy:

Within Welland it's GREEN. However this rain might clear it up bit. Don't know how the fishing is.

It's green in that the entire surface is covered in duck weed.

That happens to every slow moving river in the summer months to one degree or other. In the middle section the duckweed extended 10 ft. from shore. Remainder was clear. Below the surface the vegetation gets real thick in places. Great ambush spots for the predators. I work those spots heavily.

some of the places where the water is in general stained muddy brown all the time, if you catch the rare days on the water where the water is actually green.....those are the best days for pike and such of the year ;)

Archived